Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Demasco left USSD?

Quote Originally Posted by sk girl View Post
    I'm sorry if I offended you MadamKicksAlot. I have been burned bad by ussd and only wish for them to close down.

Every ussd instructor on here refuses to answer my questions including you.

I only wish people to know what slime balls Mattera,Taylor and his cronies really are. They destroy peoples lives and only care about the all mighty $$$$$$$

If you leave ussd you would find out that these smiling faces turn to anger pretty quick.

They attack other dojos not just ones that leave them other ones in the town their in that make too much money.

I wanted you to ask your Master my questions so he could look you in the face and ether lie to you and say these claims are bogus or say he doesn't approve of Mattera's mafios tactics

I am sorry I snapped at you.
    Apology accepted. However, had i noticed you asking me a question directly I would have responded promptly. Ask whatever you like. As for whether or not i'm an instructor for ussd...well, i don't believe I ever said i was, did I? That's an assumption you decided to make.
    You are not telling me anything I don't already know about USSD. I understand your hostility. You don't know my story at all - but I don't make it my duty in life to go around being negative. It isn't healthy, and i am not going to put effort in to distracting myself from what's important. You have little faith in karma. Company's with bad business ethics eventually self implode. Whether it's next year or 15 years from now...it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MadamKicksAlot View Post
    Apology accepted. However, had i noticed you asking me a question directly I would have responded promptly. Ask whatever you like. As for whether or not i'm an instructor for ussd...well, i don't believe I ever said i was, did I? That's an assumption you decided to make.
    You are not telling me anything I don't already know about USSD. I understand your hostility. You don't know my story at all - but I don't make it my duty in life to go around being negative. It isn't healthy, and i am not going to put effort in to distracting myself from what's important. You have little faith in karma. Company's with bad business ethics eventually self implode. Whether it's next year or 15 years from now...it will happen.

No worries. I'm just giving karma a little push LOL!

If MLK never spoke out where would we be right now?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

-Edmund Burke
    Last edited by sk girl; 01-30-2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Sqeleng

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    boy, Eng Tak Wah has really found a second life as an icon of the Kem/npo world...
    where are you getting your information from?

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiShellie View Post
    where are you getting your information from?

I think he might mean Grandmaster Tak Wah Eng is getting all the kempo instructors that ussd has burned?

Tak Wah Eng doesn't teach anymore though....so, once again, where are you getting your source?

i just saw Demasco's china trip in Black Belt magazine.
    $4,500 bucks and you get three days of training at the temple.

That also includes flights, 13 days stay, meals, and transportation/flights within China. It's a bargain, especially considering when you try to do put together a trip by yourself you'll end up spending a heck of a lot more for a lot less stuff.

That also includes flights, 13 days stay, meals, and transportation/flights within China. It's a bargain, especially considering when you try to do put together a trip by yourself you'll end up spending a heck of a lot more for a lot less stuff.

Not a bad deal at all. At Ussd you only learned one form and spent the rest of the time sight seeing. I had students complain about the trip to China. Testing in the hotel parking lot. Had to buy your belt back home after you spent $400 for a black belt test that was supposed to be at the Shaolin Temple.

Will Granmaster Demasco be doing tests at the temple?

Any information like that I would jus tcontact him and ask him about directly This trip will be fantastic.

Any information like that I would jus tcontact him and ask him about directly This trip will be fantastic.
    Thanks Just curious if he would test you at the Shaolin Temple.
    Are you going?

I heard Ussd is going in 2009.

I would love to go, but i think i'm gonna catch the next one. I have too much to take care of on the home front I'm still pumped about it, though! haha.

I would love to go, but i think i'm gonna catch the next one. I have too much to take care of on the home front I'm still pumped about it, though! haha.
    It would be funny if you guys went the same time as ussd.

cjurakpt Guest
    Tak Wah Eng doesn't teach anymore though....so, once again, where are you getting your source?
    seriously?

well, for example, one link posted earlier on this thread, the instructors re Ken/mpo and also trained with him:
    http://tryuskarate.com/index2.htm

also, if I am not mistaken, DeMasco trained with him as well, so that counts I imagine;

and finally, from Tak Wah's own website that lists affiliated schools in his federation, they are all Ken/mpo:
    http://www.takwahfederation.com/home...s/members.html

so what am I missing here?

ok...first off, look when the second website was last revised. It was in 2004...that's 4 years ago! Things change in the course of 4 years.

Secondly, Tak Wah Eng doesn't teach Steve DeMasco anymore...that's a closed case on that one.

Third of all, what's wrong with Kempo people just wanting to learn Kung Fu? You can take Kung Fu classes and not have it interfere with your Kempo training. However, I know for a fact that a lot of the schools on that list just belong to the Federation for the name.

It's so much fun when people just talk about things they know nothing about.

cjurakpt Guest
    ok...first off, look when the second website was last revised. It was in 2004...that's 4 years ago! Things change in the course of 4 years.
    that's irrelevant; the point is that since the last time I saw Eng Tak Wah, which was in the early 90's, he was teaching a relatively small number of students in a tiny studio on Bowery; meaning that, for a time, his fortunes as an MA teacher were not too bright, and he was a relatively minor personality in the world of TCMA (largely eclipsed by the shadow of his uncle); TBH, his general rep in that community was less than stellar; then, at some later point in time, he obviously had a bit of a personal renaissance as a teacher by breaking into the ken/mpo world, where he is evidently well regarded and revered as a "Grandmaster"; which was my original point, that he had a personal resurgence in that community; and that was about it, nothing beyond that; why is this difficult for you to understand?

Secondly, Tak Wah Eng doesn't teach Steve DeMasco anymore...that's a closed case on that one.
    fine, but he did teach him at one point; and Demasco evidently thought very highly of him at one point

Third of all, what's wrong with Kempo people just wanting to learn Kung Fu?
    um, nothing; please indicate where I stated or implied that there is something wrong with that?

You can take Kung Fu classes and not have it interfere with your Kempo training.
    okay, whatever, no argument there...again, what does this have to do with anything I posted?

However, I know for a fact that a lot of the schools on that list just belong to the Federation for the name.
    ok, but the fact is, they are on that list, which basically reinforces my original point, which was that Eng Tak Wah has (or at one point had) become a respected personality within the ken/mpo world; in fact, he must be held in wide esteem in that community if it serves schools to be affiliated in name only

It's so much fun when people just talk about things they know nothing about.
    I see...