Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
I think the name is quite appropriate, it is a "fight quest", they are simple going around looking to fight and in the end, that is the only true judge of a MA, anythign else is an "add on".

Yes, the name does imply something. They are looking to fight. But in order to do that, they need to learn each respective style (in the time alloted to them). So then, their quest is documented for us to see. It is definitely exciting to watch their journey and the impending Fight that closes out each episode .

It was not my intention to judge any of the martial arts displayed in these episodes. That would be another topic. The presentation and format of the show is what I am commenting on. This would apply to the Quest portion in this case.

Being that it airs on the Discovery Channel implies (IMO) that it will contain (at the very least some) educational content. ie: For the styles that I am unfamiliar with, I would appreciate a bit more explanation of some of the techniques. That's all (of course no sarcasm intended).

I definitely understand where you are coming from and still believe it to be a good show. Very combat oriented, fast-paced, in-your-face no-nonsense training.

In any case, not a bad way to end the week.