This time, Anthony and Smith are trying there hand at Kyokushin. Was anyone able to catch this?

I noticed a change in Smith's attitude. He was more patient and amiable than in the first two episodes. It must have been the style of training...seems he takes to hard styles. Simple punching and kicking is what seems to be his cup of tea. That is my observation based on what I have seen so far.

Nice breaking segments. I was surprised that Smith was able to break that bat. It looked as if was not prepared to do so but he came through.

They seem to be putting Anthony and Smith through the gauntlet. No favoritism or niceties here. The training sessions are very serious. Each Black Belt holds nothing back. That's what I like to see!

The test...what better way to test what you've learned then to go head to head with the top fighters. From a spectator's POV, it didn't look as if the hits were doing much damage. The punches to the chest looked like taps...HOWEVER having experience in MA, we know that was not the case. Save for the rule about not hitting in the head or face, it was almost like an organized street fight. Plus, fighting consecutive opponents with little rest in between is no easy endeavor.

Dangerous kicks...probably just as nasty as Muay Thai kicks. Makes me want to go out and kick the heavy bag for a while.

So then, the format of the show seems to be established at this point. I was hoping for some educational pointers but I don't mind watching these two go through rigorous training. The best take aways I guess is that I might be able to incorporate some of the conditioning from this (and the previous) episode(s) for my own training.

Waking up early and just training for the good part of the day. Well, too many modern conveniences and the fact that we need time for our personal lives would impede such a notion.