Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Ultimate Wing CHun Demonstration

BTW, nice demo. I like Fong's way of movement. Don't let my rant about the decline of basic communication and human existance in general detract from that.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Mr Punch

ed didn't do any marketing. It was just a demo per request of the organizers of the event. You seem to be stuck on quibbling over the usages of a word.

I had seen that video before on TV not on U Tube. I had a sense of what to look for and in sharing look at the structure-not crumbling under pressure....relaxed, not tense, mobility when appropriate, chinna quick timing takedown, leg usage in destabilization. square body-double handed controls. No western boxing, no free style or greco Roman wrestling, no Kodokan judo-
    just a snip of an appproach to wing chun.

No marketing involved. No chain store promotion. No harm.Just fun.

joy chaudhuri

I like this demo! Sifu Fong seems to have the ability to absorb force in the same way as all good wing chun people: G. Lam, TST, Yip Man. Even though his opponent is bigger than him, and pressing forward during the roll, sifu Fong can still retain his composure and he still doesn't take a single step back(clue).

OK, the WWT, WFT, WTF throw wasn't my cup of tea...but it shows sifu Fong has a sense of humour.

take the clip for what it is: a light hearted demo.

chisauking

A sensible post.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Thats their choice and I dont care to compare at this point ona chat list.Wing chun folks shouldnt tear up each other -if possible or unwarranted specially in a wing chun forum.

"Ultimate" was ed's choice of words just as "ultimate" is Dana White's choice ina different context and in a different activity. Labels.
    Not tear each other up, okay..

But if folks are going to put something out there in the way of another demo..and then call it 'the ultimate demo' (because it's their teacher) then I think it's reasonable to comment on and/or critique the "demo".

While I agree there was certainly valid WCK elements in the demo I also think there were core parts that were missing and often are. Again, if one holds out something as the Ultimate, and stands by the idea, then counter points are IMO not only valid but useful..
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Fong is one of the best wing chun fighters out there ...
    Since this is the "ultimate", it stands to reason no more demonstrations are necessary and we'll get to see more videos of actual fighting within the near future.
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com

Talking You are right Tom...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Since this is the "ultimate", it stands to reason no more demonstrations are necessary and we'll get to see more videos of actual fighting within the near future.
    I retract my statement and let me just say, he could be one of the best…

Ali Rahim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I retract my statement and let me just say, he could be one of the best…

Ali Rahim.
    Do you check your PM box Ali?
    " not all who wander are lost "