Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: merry christmas ppl, a few tips on buying the right turkey

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    so what ?

u still havent said how its different

animals are treated worse than the jews were

thats the truth

whast insulting about that ?
    You know what, if you have to ask I can only assume you are young and don't understand or too closed minded to understand or you got issues, either way, not my concern.

Do and think what you like.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Has anyone ever seen any concrete proof that there actually *IS* meat in a McDonald's Happy meal?

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Has anyone ever seen any concrete proof that there actually *IS* meat in a McDonald's Happy meal?
    Does it matter?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    well we need to eat something

i'd prefer that it wasnt like me, made of flesh, and encompassed by sheer terror as it dies, and suffering immensly while it lives, and imprisoned, never treated as an animal, simply to please my taste buds,

that really isnt very good for me anyway by an large
    Everything man has farmed through out the thousand of years man has practised agriculture whether of animal or vegetable has been taken from it natural state & farmed & reared to a please our taste buds.
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread about Buddhist & Hindu’s not eating meat for moral issues, for some yes & for some who live in such societies it’s out of fear. The fear is not to do with morality it is more to do with the fact that they’ve been told that if they kill & eat another living creature they are dammed to be reincarnated a lesser or dirty creature an insect, or a dog as such.

try telling that to george washington in the american revolution

or lenin

etc
    Or King George, who started the American Revolution in motion by trying to force the colinists to pay for his wars with unresprisented taxation...

That coin is not a coin that has 2 sides. It is a sphere that encompases all of the world - past, present, and future. Lenin had good ideals even if those who followed didn't. Blaming him for Glasnost is childish. Excusing your self destructive urge to kill others for darring to raise, prepare, provide and eat food you yourself wouldn't touch is also childish. This thread has gone on long enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

animals treated worse than the jews.

thats a pretty scewed sense of things.

do you even know all that was done to those people during that war?

When is the last time you gang raped a cow?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

ah meat i love it. love to eat it, call me a conspirator in the murder of game. beef, chicken, lamb and the oh so dreaded pork the other white meat. they can all get in my belly. you don't like meat goldy thats fine. but don;t try to shove your vegetable killing beliefs on me. plants are alive too and guess what when you cook them they are still alive. when you eat them raw guess what they are alive. so go ahead enjoy your defenseless vegetables(i know i do).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    animals treated worse than the jews.

thats a pretty scewed sense of things.

do you even know all that was done to those people during that war?

When is the last time you gang raped a cow?
    Raising and caring for cattle with the intent of eating them is totally the same as trying to exterminate an entire race of people
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

Not too keep this malarkey going too much further, but here's a thought.

When we humans get really good at genetic manipulation, cloning, splicing, all that fancy stuff, perhaps we'll figure out how to make meat without making an animal to produce it. Kind of like just growing it in large vats. You'd have a vat of cloned tissue, with no sentient life to kill for it. Not only that, but you'd have cloned an extremely efficient source of protein and B-vitamins (Very very very rarely found in plant matter.)

I'm sure the really militant vegans will still have a problem with it, of course "It's not natural!" (neither is building a house, but I don't see too many rain-soaked, lightning-struck vegans.) "I only eat organic!" (as opposed to what, silicon-based food??)

But for the sensible vegitarians, it may prove to be a solution. Kind of like taking stem cells from harvested eggs or umbilical cords instead of wasting time forcing useless debates about abortion on people.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Quote Originally Posted by Mook Jong View Post
    Raising and caring for cattle with the intent of eating them is totally the same as trying to exterminate an entire race of people
    then call me a terminator cause there is no way i'm gonna compare an animal to a human. nope no way no how mine as well throw plants in their too buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    then call me a terminator cause there is no way i'm gonna compare an animal to a human. nope no way no how mine as well throw plants in their too buddy.
    Naw, plants aren't as cute, they're not fuzzy/feathery, and they don't have eyes so it's easier to justify. Of course, there's no scientific proof that they can't feel pain, just that we're darn sure they don't, due to lack of a central nervous system. Ooh, wait, unless it's a tree. THEN it's a living thing that deserves respect, by virtue of the fact that its tall growth choked sunlight from shorter plants and killed them. Life is beautiful.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

well how is a happy meal different to what the nazi's did ? other than they didn't eat the jews ?

in fact most factory farms are worse than a nazi death camp lol
    I think a large amount of your opinion has to do with your age. You are more than welcome to believe that animals are equal to humans, I'm sure your sex life is really interesting. I'm sure you could find at least one case of Nazi cannibalism. Humans and animals are not the same. Anyway I find it funny that your thread about "turkeys" I assume was in relation to thanksgiving (although it seems late) had nothing about the real problem with celebrating thanksgiving. The tragedy that happened with the HUMANS us Americans call native Americans.

I will again ask you how on G-d's green earth is is possible to feed everyone through farming, and have you really though about the ecological impact it would create. All the animals you would kill. Go back to listening to your Emo CDs, get back to me when you graduate college.

every vegetarian (vegan)I have met has had meat from time to time. Its just not practical.
    Last edited by monji112000; 12-15-2007 at 04:22 PM.

I just figured out why he decided to start all this sh!t up. He's straightedge and has nothing better to do with his time. (For those of you that don't speak teenager, straigtedge means that the person refuses to drink or smoke anything and will not engage in promiscuous sex. One usually identifies oneself with an X on the back of each hand)

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po

When it comes to not eating animals there are so many interpretations and ideas of which living things should be eaten and which should not. It's hard to be on the same page with anyone you discuss this with. I believe that any human suffering throughout history has no place in this discussion nor does a comparrison of human life to animals - it's just not the point and it serves no purpose.

All of nature (animals, plants, etc.) rerepresents resources for humans. We cannot exist and prosper without clearing forests for housing developments, using trees for furniture, paper, etc. We cannot exist without polluting or pretty much destroying nature. The theme of so many nature documentaries is that humans are the main enemy. Whether it's the barrier reef, the rainforest, or a population of wild wolves. The enemy is us.

That being said, animals represent another resource for us. Food, fur, etc. My personal problem is not that animals are used for such things. I personally disagree with skinning an animal alive, or in other words senselessly torturing it if it's going to be used for food or fur.

As humans I don't think it's too much to ask that we respect the life of an animal who's death will provide us with some such benefit. After all, we do (I think) have the capacity for empathy. How hard is it to kill it before skinning it? Or to live without entertainment such as bullfights or dog fights etc.

I know I'm being idealistic and it's not a perfect world. But, my wish would be that we provide animals with an ethical existence and kill them humanely/quickly. Not to mention that we try to preserve and protect the natural world (so that wild animals don't disappear). Also, lets be a little respectfull toward each other on this forum. I mean lets respect each others different opinion. If someone is sensitive to eating animals, I don't think it serves any purpose to respond with something insensitive like "I can't wait to eat a delicious burger!!!" as funny as you may think that is.
    Last edited by Anthony; 12-15-2007 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    There was a time that because the fries were cooked in beef stock, there was more meat in the fries than the burgers. They failed to tell the people of India this, who got very p!ssed off. Go figure that