Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lama Sup Ji

lama

in some ways that looks similiar to tongbeiquan

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Hey that's different he didn't do the famous opening, it must be wrong, maybe he changed it. What the fok I'm ****ed he moves way to fast and actualy has to much power in his form WTF??? I'm just kidding I liked it

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    Hey that's different he didn't do the famous opening, it must be wrong, maybe he changed it. What the fok I'm ****ed he moves way to fast and actualy has to much power in his form WTF??? I'm just kidding I liked it
    And this is exactly how you rub people the wrong way; you make snyd little comment and remarks. And all you do is constantly make fun of people and call them names. And then you go "ha ha ha, I'm just kidding."

No of us call you names on this forum. We don't reference any physical characteristics you may or not possess. We don't talk about your sexual habits or performance. We don't talk about your wives or your financial situations. We don't make up stories about you. (And believe me; we know where the bodies are burried) WE talk about Kung-Fu. But no need to apologize; we know why you have to constantly defer or distract for the points we raise.

I guess you really don't let things go as you said.

I guess you really didn't read my last post to you.

Oh, ha ha ha, I'm just kidding. Don't take what I say seriously. I'm just messin' with you. <insert straw apology here>

Hey bud lets keep our issues in group therapy ok, not on the forum. I never mentioned you did I ??? I wasn't even talking to you nor do I want to unless it's face to face otherwise bug off

Quote Originally Posted by shaolin_allan View Post
    in some ways that looks similiar to tongbeiquan
    I can see what you mean but Lama is a southern style.
    Last edited by Green Cloud; 11-29-2007 at 11:08 PM.

I wonder why people keep on calling it this

http://www.risingcrane.co.uk/html_files/history.htm

Because most of the English speaking world relied and relies (and plagarizes on their web sites) the stuff I published in the 90's and I mistranslated "Ching Wan". Since Sifu first wrote the character in DIRT with a spear, I missed the water radical and thought it was GREEN

I also made the mistake of writing that the "Ching Wan" temple sifu was raised in was the same one Sing Lung settled in. They are within walking distance but they are different places

HOWEVER, since we now have gone back and looked at the actual stuff SIFU WROTE, and even better, have pics of the temple itself, we know that it is NOT "green"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I find this interesting since these guys are not related to me or anybody I know but they refer to the Green Cloud Monestary

Blog Entries
    now i've heard about this issue, and the only way to figure it out is if there was existing characters of this temple.......

but is the ringsingcrane people incorrect in calling this monestary "Green Cloud"?

isn't this the same one?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Because most of the English speaking world relied and relies (and plagarizes on their web sites) the stuff I published in the 90's and I mistranslated "Ching Wan". Since Sifu first wrote the character in DIRT with a spear, I missed the water radical and thought it was GREEN

I also made the mistake of writing that the "Ching Wan" temple sifu was raised in was the same one Sing Lung settled in. They are within walking distance but they are different places

HOWEVER, since we now have gone back and looked at the actual stuff SIFU WROTE, and even better, have pics of the temple itself, we know that it is NOT "green"
    I'm sorry but what picks are you reffering to Dave??? Do you have pictures of the monestary or better yet the sighn over the monestary??

the "other magazine" (out of respect to Gene) is distributed internationally and now, thanks to the internet material can be diseminated in seconds across continents

before I published my articles, the SOLE source on the art was David Chin/Michael Staples book which had been split up into three separate titles. It's history is spotty at best, it even suffers similar "Chinese to English" translation errors (a technique is translated as a proper name - I found the original CHINESE source and found the error).

Rising Crane is very real Hap Ga, in fact they are from the son of one of Sifu's teachers. But I'm sure they have seen the articles and been influenced by them

Again, it is really simple

1. WE HAVE SIFU's OWN WRITING AND IT IS CLEARLY NOT "GREEN"

2. WE HAVE PICS OF THE TEMPLE AND IT IS CLEARLY NOT "GREEN"

We all made the error in the past, it was MY ERROR originally, but to continue to pass it off when you know it is wrong is intellectually dishonest

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I'm sorry but what picks are you reffering to Dave??? Do you have pictures of the monestary or better yet the sighn over the monestary??
    Mike has them, and also confirmed that while the temple Sing Lung was in "Blessed Cloud" is renovated and beautiful the temple sifu actually was raised in is overgrown and basicly a ruin

Again, it isn't about making the mistake, we ALL made it, it was MY MISTAKE, but now that we know beyond ANY shadow of a doubt that it was a MISTAKE, why continue with it?

the "other magazine" (out of respect to Gene) is distributed internationally and now, thanks to the internet material can be diseminated in seconds across continents

before I published my articles, the SOLE source on the art was David Chin/Michael Staples book which had been split up into three separate titles. It's history is spotty at best, it even suffers similar "Chinese to English" translation errors (a technique is translated as a proper name - I found the original CHINESE source and found the error).

Rising Crane is very real Hap Ga, in fact they are from the son of one of Sifu's teachers. But I'm sure they have seen the articles and been influenced by them

Again, it is really simple

1. WE HAVE SIFU's OWN WRITING AND IT IS CLEARLY NOT "GREEN"

2. WE HAVE PICS OF THE TEMPLE AND IT IS CLEARLY NOT "GREEN"

We all made the error in the past, it was MY ERROR originally, but to continue to pass it off when you know it is wrong is intellectually dishonest
    Dave just for my own etification and I don't mean to doubt you but what pics of the temple do you mean?? Do you have pictures?? Once again I don't mean to be Coy but Do you have actual pictures??

By the way, so as to put it in perspective, the Catholic Church recently found a handwritten manuscript where a copy error (in the past all tracts were hand copied) inadvertently changed the meaning of the passage! It's an error over 600 years old, and now the church must contend with the fact that they taught a doctrine based upon a human copying error

IE, Sh-it happens

Mike has them, and also confirmed that while the temple Sing Lung was in "Blessed Cloud" is renovated and beautiful the temple sifu actually was raised in is overgrown and basicly a ruin

Again, it isn't about making the mistake, we ALL made it, it was MY MISTAKE, but now that we know beyond ANY shadow of a doubt that it was a MISTAKE, why continue with it?
    what part of "Mike has them" did you not understand?

he has actual pics of the monastery.... we also (again) went back and looked at like 35 copies of stuff sifu had written and in each and every one he had written the water radical... again, I missed it, it was my error, but it was clearly an ERROR

TOO BAD I WAS THE ONLY ONE STUDYING CHINESE, or we might have picked it up earlier