Thread: lama pai yau ji?

lama pai yau ji?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khp2z647EVY

lo wai keungs version of min loi jam?

I don't think so.

I don't even know what that was. Looked like a lot of LWK's moves just slowed down.

Not judging. LWK's branch is very different from everyone elses' or so it appears. I met one of LWK's classmates a couple of years ago in Hong Kong. He showed me some of thier Lama.

Much different from our Lama or the White Crane or Haahp Ga we see today.

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khp2z647EVY

lo wai keungs version of min loi jam?
    Yai Jih baat Gihk

it's the form that is in Lo Wai Keung's "blue book"....

we don't even have a form by that name in our line, but there is a lot of variation in Lion's Roar lines...

White Crane teachers, who all trace back to Ng Siu Chung, even have different sets

It is an internal set, but doesn't look much like either version of the "needle" sets
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

i have lo wai keungs blue book, with short bios on a bunch of his classmates, then him, then postures from the form. it looks, weird or different i would have to say. i heard chan keun ng's lama looks different from lo wai keungs.

slow forms are boring as hell to watch unless you are really good...kaido had really good soft form, and mastery of fast form, every flexion and extension of the joints smooth and crisp...discipline with fighting attitude...some of those chen tai chi gm's are interesting to watch...almost mechanical motion in their steps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlbkL488TPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raewRUJUMAU

I like his spirit in application

i don't really like lo wai keungs interpretation of lama pai in comparison to others i have seen so far

i don't really like lo wai keungs interpretation of lama pai in comparison to others i have seen so far
    what's his history? he a mixed style or...

he's mixed a lot of stuff, but thats not the problem. i personally like his si hing chan kuen ng's style better

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    what's his history? he a mixed style or...
    Lo Wai Keungs history in lama is, he started learning under Chan Kwan Ng for several years, Master Chan then introduced Master Lo to Choi Yee Kung who taught him the Lama Style for over 10 years, Master Chan studied with Master Choi for some time and also with other Lama Stylist.

Master Lo was Master Choi's last student before his passing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kahn View Post
    Lo Wai Keungs history in lama is, he started learning under Chan Kwan Ng for several years, Master Chan then introduced Master Lo to Choi Yee Kung who taught him the Lama Style for over 10 years, Master Chan studied with Master Choi for some time and also with other Lama Stylist.

Master Lo was Master Choi's last student before his passing.
    thanks Kahn

he's mixed a lot of stuff, but thats not the problem. i personally like his si hing chan kuen ng's style better
    Hi,

Can you explain from your knowledge of Lo Wai Keung what he has mixed and what is the problem with his Lama. Just curious thats all.

regards

wah san pai is one, as for the rest i would have to look it up in his blue book. im not an expert on lo wai keung, i know he has many students, but based on the other lama/ hop ga/ white crane people i've seen and know about, i just don't prefer lo's method.