Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Ireland Workshop

Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Ireland Workshop

The World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association will be holding a public workshop at the Hung Fa Kwoon of Ireland on August 11th and 12th, 2007.

Those who wish to attend this first-ever European visit by GM Gee can contact Sifu Gary Collins at the following for further details:

(+44)7716082439

or

gary@hungfayiireland.com

GM Gee will also be travelling to England, Germany, Holland and Paris while in Europe.

Gary Collins

www.hungfayiireland.com

Sifu Collins,

It is only a few days until the weekend workshop, and the arrival of our HFY Grandmaster Garrett Gee (and several of his descendants) to Northern Ireland and the other European countries. I am sure that we shall all be present in body mind and spirit for this "first in a lifetime" event with our Grandmaster in Europe.

Thank you so much for your hospitality in advance, and I look forward to sharing more kung fu with you during the trip, meeting everyone there for the first time, and of course - devoting priceless time with Grandmaster Gee for the lessons he may have for us all.

Be well my friend,
    Savi.
    World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

GM Gee & HFY First Ireland/UK Workshop

Hello Everyone

The first ever Ireland/UK workshop held by GM Gee, President and founder of the World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association has successfully taken place.

This historic first visit by Sifu Gee to the first Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun club in Ireland/UK/Europe was a tremendous success. Not only did my students and I feel very priviledged to host GM Gee, we were also treated to a wonderful workshop full of training, as well as information on Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun's history and traditions.

Following the 2 day Workshop in Ireland/UK, Sifu Gee and his group (including myself) travelled to Holland where Ben De Boer, a long time HFY student, was our guide.

The group also visited England, Germany and France. Here GM Gee met many individuals who expressed great interest in joining the Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun family. Two such men were Sifu Mark Hobbs of the Kung Fu Academy in England and Sifu Armin Hug of Germany.

This European Trip was genuinely a Kung Fu Marathon, as site-seeing was minimal, and Kung Fu training took centre stage. Even in London the group were treated to some Chi Sau lessons upstairs in a restaurant!!

I would like to thank Sifu Gee for coming to Ireland/UK for this workshop. I would also like to thank Tony Jacobs, Savi Kruich, Andy Kalish, Matt Murphy, Ben De Boer and Jonathan Sandberg for helping make the trip as enjoyable as it was.

For those in Ireland or mainland UK who wish to learn more about Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun, you can contact Sifu Gary Collins at the following:

gary@hungfayiireland.com

Visit www.hungfakwoon.com for further info.

Cheerio, Gary

www.hungfayiireland.com

I couldn't agree with Sifu Collins any more than to say the visit to the UK/Europe was both historic and very successful. First I too would like to thank GM Gee the Hung Fa Yi Bun Jyun for allowing me to participate in such a historic even.

Kilkeel, Ireland
    I was raining when we got in.
    I would like to thank all those particpants that joined those of us traveling from abroad to make this event the success that it turned out to be. All the Ireland participants were kind courteous and great training partners Peter, Donny, Andy, Paddy and all the boys. Kilkeel is a special place and I look forward to returning their for a more extensive visit some day. Thanks guys.

London
    Well of course it was raining when we got to London no surprises their. We went from the Airport to the train station to the hotel to Chinatown in what seemed like a matter of minutes. The visitors were all made to feel welcome by our AZ brother Suki who showed us around and introduced us to his friend Mark Hobbs and Mark's business partner Paul. We were also fortunate enough to meet Mark's father who was in town visiting from Australia. We all shared lunch in Chinatown then retreated to the cafe to exchange stories and provide some insight to our curious host on some of the more detailed information we receive from practicing hung fa yi while Paul and Mark went into details about their own TCMA training and backgrounds. After all was said and done Mark requested permission to become a student of GM Gee. Personally I think Mark possess a lot of raw talent that would make him an excellent talent to be cultivated under the guidance of our hung fa yi curriculum. Mark is obviously a very smart and knowledgable kung fu guy he should fit right in with people like our brother Suki. Thanks Suki for an enjoyable stay in London. Best of luck to both Mark and Paul to continue and futher their training and best wishes for a safe journey home to Mark's father.

Amsterdam
    Ben of course another Arizona brother (man we represent dont we!) showed us all a great time while in Holland. Ben even came over to Ireland to train with us so we got to spend more time with him. Being one of our AZ brothers its always nice to spend time with Ben but time always goes too quick whether we go see him or when he comes to visit us in AZ. Holland was some beautiful country with lots of beautiful sights to see. I had a window seat and even through the rain as our plane landed at the airport I was very impressed with the layout of the area and how well kept everything was. First thing I noticed was Mercedes-Benz were being used for taxis that was cool. Yes it was another crowded city but just as you would expect it was very laid back and mellow. Our tour of the city was great I highly recommend Amsterdam as one of your European stops for those planning to visit Europe. Ben thanks for being an excellent host can't wait to visit again.

Berlin
    Our flight in to Berlin was met with more rain that morning but by the afternoon it was nice and warm and great weather for training. We trained all day on the patio deck of the Holiday Inn Schonfeld. Then we met up with Our German/Ohio brother Armin Hug and his wife. They traveled quite some distance to meet us and arrived late in the evening. We exchanged stories had some dinner and then had some SNT demos and a little hands on exchange. Armin after 15 years of wing chun already demonstrates lots of skill and since he is now getting into HFY I suspect he will make an excellent instructor and continue to do well in Germany. As it got late Armin had to catch his train home so they left and some of us continued to train late into the night. Nice meeting you Armin and I look forward to visiting with you and your lovely wife again soon thank you for welcoming us to Germany.

Paris
    There was no one meeting us in Paris so we got out and took in the sites. The mall the Arc De Triomphe the Champs Elley Essay and the Eiffel Tower of course only spotting the Louve from a distance and passsing Notre Dame by train. There are a million sights to see in Paris so its obvious this trip could only wet ones appetite to return and see more. This is one of the most Diverse cities I have ever seen so I commend them on that but would highly recommend they add more trains to each route man were they crowded. Jonathan, Gary Andy, Matt and myself enjoyed a nice Italian lunch at a cafe on the mall discussing a variety of topics GM Gee was kind enough to share with us this sit down discussion alone was worth making the trip.

San Francisco
    Upon our return we were greeted with the news that long time hfy practitioner Sifu Milton Wallace is scheduled to participate in an upcoming UFC fight. Milton has been training very hard for this and we all knew it was only a matter of time before he showed up on their radar so congratulations to Sifu Wallace we will all be watching to see his rise in the ranks of the UFC. At the same time many of GM Gee's underground students have expressed to him a desire to go public and fight in local events as well as large publicised events such as UFC. This being the case at the request of some of his older long time students Sifu Gee is currently contemplating moving his classes to a more well known location of the city were organized but less publicised streets fights occur on a more frequent basis.

Thanks again to our Bun Jyun, to my Sifu Richard Loewenhagen all my hfy brothers and sisters and the many dear friends of hfy that made this trip and this news possible and I look forward to an even bigger and better second half of this year until we meet again be safe and healthy.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Quote Originally Posted by canglong View Post
    Upon our return we were greeted with the news that long time hfy practitioner Sifu Milton Wallace is scheduled to participate in an upcoming UFC fight. Milton has been training very hard for this and we all knew it was only a matter of time before he showed up on their radar so congratulations to Sifu Wallace we will all be watching to see his rise in the ranks of the UFC..
    Wow hes come a long way

http://www.bullshido.com/articles/milton-wallace.html
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Originally posted by Nick Forrer
    Wow hes come a long way
    If Wing Chun is about anything it is about the growth of learning and the process of understanding what it takes for us as individuals to go from nowhere to somewhere. So having spoken with Milton personally yes I believe he like most of us is on a path for growth and advancing mentally physically and spiritually.

If you ask Milton I have no doubt that he would admit to growing and advancing or as you put it "hes come a long way". As for the link if you let that be your defining measure of reality instead of actual physical experience then your perception of reality may forever be void of any meaningful substance to spur your own personal growth.
    Tony Jacobs

San Francisco
    Upon our return we were greeted with the news that long time hfy practitioner Sifu Milton Wallace is scheduled to participate in an upcoming UFC fight. Milton has been training very hard for this and we all knew it was only a matter of time before he showed up on their radar so congratulations to Sifu Wallace we will all be watching to see his rise in the ranks of the UFC.
    Interesting. What MMA/NHB venues has Milton previously fought in? I couldn't find him on Sherdog, and IME the UFC only recruits proven, successful fighters - those that have fought successfully in other venues (lke KOTC, etc.).

Not that I am doubting you, Tony, I'm certain you are reporting what you heard. But where Milton is concerned, if he said it was raining outside, I'd look before I took my umbrella. You may not like Bullshido's expose of him, but it does accurately portray the events, claims, etc.

At the same time many of GM Gee's underground students have expressed to him a desire to go public and fight in local events as well as large publicised events such as UFC. This being the case at the request of some of his older long time students Sifu Gee is currently contemplating moving his classes to a more well known location of the city were organized but less publicised streets fights occur on a more frequent basis.
    "Where organized but less publicised [sic] street fights occur on a more frequent basis"? WTF is that?

Upon our return we were greeted with the news that long time hfy practitioner Sifu Milton Wallace is scheduled to participate in an upcoming UFC fight. Milton has been training very hard for this and we all knew it was only a matter of time before he showed up on their radar so congratulations to Sifu Wallace we will all be watching to see his rise in the ranks of the UFC.

In what capacity will he be participating?

Also, to quell the LOLerfest mill, can you provide me a way to independently confirm this?
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com

Originally posted by t_niehoff
    Interesting. What MMA/NHB venues has Milton previously fought in? I couldn't find him on Sherdog, and IME the UFC only recruits proven, successful fighters - those that have fought successfully in other venues (lke KOTC, etc.).
    Milton fights locally out of San Jose so the information you are after I would not have being that I am in Phoenix.
    You may not like Bullshido's expose of him, but it does accurately portray the events, claims, etc.
    Actually, Milton has received several apologies from participants to Bullshido threads who questioned the authenticity of his fighting history and accomplishments. As for your statement.
    1. You don't know Milton.
    2. You ask questions which indicate you don't know his fighting history.
    3. You cite no example to prove the validity of your own statements.

As for you last question. It's like racing pink not often condoned by municipal authorities so it would be considered to be done "underground". Underground activities are usually done by invitation only. "Kimbo slice" fights were originally held underground.
    Tony Jacobs

Originally posted by Tom Kagan
    In what capacity will he be participating?
    Hello Tom,
    Sorry I don't have any definitive answer for you but I really don't know.
    Originally posted by Tom Kagan
    Also, to quell the LOLerfest mill, can you provide me a way to independently confirm this?
    Those types are of little concern to me but again my advice would be try the local San Jose buzz and see what you get.
    Tony Jacobs

Milton fights locally out of San Jose so the information you are after I would not have being that I am in Phoenix.
    No, Milton says he"fights" out of San Jose. Where is the evidence that this is true? You say that you don't have it. Then how do you know what he says is true?

Actually, Milton has received several apologies from participants to Bullshido threads who questioned the authenticity of his fighting history and accomplishments. As for your statement.
    1. You don't know Milton.
    2. You ask questions which indicate you don't know his fighting history.
    3. You cite no example to prove the validity of your own statements.
    How do you know he has "received several apologies"? Presumably this is what you heard from Milton. What a surprise.

No, I don't know Milton, and I don't know his fighting history -- that is why I asked you to provide it. Duh! If he has fought in recognized MMA/NHB venues, there will be a record, a way of checking. If his - and your - claims are true, just provide the evidence, cite the records so we can check them for ourselves, and end the discussion.

As for you last question. It's like racing pink not often condoned by municipal authorities so it would be considered to be done "underground". Underground activities are usually done by invitation only. "Kimbo slice" fights were originally held underground.
    Dude, I understand what underground fights are -- what I was questioning was your assertion that "Sifu Gee is currently contemplating moving his classes to a more well known location of the city were organized but less publicised streets fights occur on a more frequent basis." Why would he move the school closer to where some underground fights are held? If people want to do underground fights all they need to do is go do them. You don't need to move the whole school.

Milton. Underground fights. You don't even see how silly it is.

How do you know he has "received several apologies"? Presumably this is what you heard from Milton. What a surprise.
    There is no proof that what is posted on Bullshido is accurate that is the real issue here since you commented with no proof then argue with others and ask for proof. That is what I find silly.
    Why would he move the school closer to where some underground fights are held?
    Because several people have requested that he do so.
    Tony Jacobs

There is no proof that what is posted on Bullshido is accurate that is the real issue here since you commented with no proof then argue with others and ask for proof. That is what I find silly.
    I think the article on Milton speaks for itself. In fact, Milton's own words and actions (his vodeo clips) speak even better. I'm not surprised that you defend him and even believe in him.

You can't provide one iota of evidence to back up that Milton ever had a MMA/NHB fight in his life or ever really trained with any decent fighters or fight trainers. Or even your assertion that he was headed for the UFC. I'd call you guys liars but I really think you guys are living in such a fantasy world that you can't really distinguish reality anymore, and that you say these things with all sincerity.

Because several people have requested that he do so.
    You are too funny. You guys may want to move the school closer to the mental health facility if you really believe any of this nonsense.

Your School

Terence,

While we are speaking on the topics of schools and locations, I was reading through this thread over on bullshido which basically consists of someone looking for good wing chun instruction in the St. Louis area. Your name came up, but apparantly your school closed, and you refer people to a local university WC instructor?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54599

So your school must already be underground.

I think the article on Milton speaks for itself. In fact, Milton's own words and actions (his vodeo clips) speak even better. I'm not surprised that you defend him and even believe in him.
    No one is here to try and change what you think. Only to at times present an alternative view.
    You can't provide one iota of evidence to back up that Milton ever had a MMA/NHB fight in his life or ever really trained with any decent fighters or fight trainers. Or even your assertion that he was headed for the UFC. I'd call you guys liars but I really think you guys are living in such a fantasy world that you can't really distinguish reality anymore, and that you say these things with all sincerity.
    Obviously if you believe people need to lie to you on a forum you either have invested too much stock in your own opinions or you are paranoid. Since there is no interest in your opinion on this topic there is no reason to lie.
    You are too funny. You guys may want to move the school closer to the mental health facility if you really believe any of this nonsense.
    Your troll comments are very unbecoming and a waste of time.
    Tony Jacobs