Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
Kron is one bada$$ kid. It's amazing how good he has gotten. Can't wait till he competes as a black belt.

BTW, it's never too early to compete. It only makes you better.
Yeah...I'm just a white belt. I'm waiting till he says I'm ready for a couple reasons other than just being a white belt... It's all about the respect thing. I'm older than he is, but man, he is seriously BADA$$ as you state. I can't wait till he gets his black belt...he's a really awesome brown belt. I love studying with him. He treats me and my friend like we are part of the BJJ family even though it's only been a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by boshea View Post
The ironic thing is that, just going by your posts on these forums, and from how long you have been training, I bet you train harder than me.

I just realized that I may have wandered off-topic a bit because this is a thread about grappling and I have mostly only trained in striking styles, so for now I'll switch into lurker mode in this thread!
My training partner seriously says I'm his inspiration and I'm the toughest chick he's known. I've been KO'ed on numerous occasions to just stand up afterwards and want to continue to spar. I'm his inspiration because I have stage 1 thryoid cancer. I bust my butt on the mat every time I train. Granted that I only last for an hour, I make it the best 1 hour of my life. Sometimes I don't feel like training, but I get up and do it. I train to stay alive at this point, and it's working. I'm almost in remission. I have a couple more rounds of chemo and might actually get to keep my thyroid. I've trained mostly in striking...I'm a Kempo based person. However, I also train in Kickboxing, Boxing, Wrestling, BJJ, Kung Fu and Chen style Taiji. Once I'm better, I want to become a fighter. Because of the thyroid condition that I currently have, I'm 40 lbs overweight for my height category. That doesn't matter though. I'll lose the weight when I'm better and mark my words, you will see me in a ring.