Thread: Akron, OH Center for Body Mind Harmony

Akron, OH Center for Body Mind Harmony

It is with great sadness that I inform the readers of this forum that Shifu David Schenk, owner and operator of the Center for Body Mind Harmony, [Tallmadge, Ohio--next to Akron] has passed on early Sunday morning.

Dave had been on the martial arts scene for over 25 years and had trained under the late Femon Ong and Tony Yang.

http://www.bodymindharmony.com/

My deepest sympathies go to his family. His son Kain was one of the truly outstanding young martial artists I had ever seen coming up in the years.

May God rest his soul.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

May he RIP.
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Condolescences to family and friends.

I met Dave over 20 years ago, it was always a pleasure to see him. One of the most kind and honest people I have met. Never any ill will toward anyone. He will be missed. Peace friend.

Mike Biggie
    Akron Ohio

Though I only spoke with Shifu Shenk about three times, he seemed to be a very cordial man. May God grant peace and strength to his family during this time!
    Richard A. Tolson

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I'd looked at his site before...condolences to his family from AMA.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"