Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Martial Arts Union

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    He cannot make an object that he can't move because there is nothing that he cannot move. That would indeed make him all-powerful.

Reply]
    No it doesn't. He *Still* Lacks the power to make the unmoveable object in the first place.

RD:

Basically what you are saying boils down to this-

The only power "god" lacks is the power to make himself less than all powerful.

I'm sure you have heard of circular reasoning...

Although your conclusion is logical, it is also meaningless.

How about this:

God is all powerful

God exists everywhere

God created everything

God created trees

God exists in trees

trees cannot move themselves

Therefore, God has made an object that he cannot move, in that he made the tree, is the tree and the tree cannot move itself.

See? "Begging the question" is more fun when it invloves more steps

All of this presupposes that God is a sentient conscious being, which can neither be proven nor disproven. So, while logical, the conclusion is meaningless.

The all time best is of course:

The Bible says God is infalible

The Bible is the word of this infalible God

Therefore the Bible must be 100% true

Logic =
    Last edited by Crushing Fist; 01-23-2007 at 12:23 PM.
    Words!

Just words!

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    oh yeah all them terrible buddhists and taoists and superstitious ppl

well guess what ive never seen a war criminal who was any of the above
    i can name loads of christian ones
    Many religions are claimed by war criminals. Check out the history of World War 2 Japan.
    Last edited by The Xia; 01-23-2007 at 01:19 PM.

so little johnny was in school, and the teacher asked: "when we die, which part of us goes to heaven first?"

and little johnny replied: "our feet."

the teacher asked little johnny why our feet go to heaven first, and johnny replied: "well, last night, i saw my mommy and daddy praying--mommy had her feet up in the air, and was crying out oh god! oh god!"
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    JDK

read da vinci code

or the Last Templar

although the books are fiction, they use facts to make it into a story.

i.e. the theory of the divinity of jesus being "voted on" is actual history.
    Things like The DaVinci Code aren't good sources for learning history.

no they are not, but they are good for sparking one's interest to learn. And many of the things in those books are indeed true.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    It's your inability to see beyond this reality that placed the limitation construct in your mind. It's not an issue of God's power, but your inability to comprehend the true nature of it.
    god (if he exists) is not a buddha and so is bound by conception and misconception, suffering , death then rebirth

remember all sensation and feeling is created by the mind
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    Can God create a brick that Gene Chicoine couldn't break? That is the important question.
    No, the important question is who would win a fight between God and chuck norris.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    god (if he exists) is not a buddha and so is bound by conception and misconception, suffering , death then rebirth
    According to whom?

remember all sensation and feeling is created by the mind
    during sleep, you are unconscious. If I chop off your poking stick while you are sleep, will you not feel it, simply because your mind is unable to create the sensation of pain? Or will the nerve endings scream "Oh snap, your manhood got chopped off, so you'd better wake up?"

The feeling of pain is not created by the mind. To an extent, you can program your mind to ignore the pain, but that does not kill the sensation.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

this thread was interesting but the majority of it made me laugh as my mom is a christian, and she too asked questions like this when i mentioned taking up kung fu. i remember one day i checked out a book about wicca cause i had a wiccan friend. and i wanted to know what it was all bout. she went nuts when she saw it saying she doesn't want those kind of spirits in the house. this is a perfectly sane woman who has never said anything like that to me before she doesn't even go to church every sunday but the minute something that might challenge the norm for her she goes nuts.

basically what i'm saying is when it comes to religion common sense disappears as we all know the bible was written by men, men lie as we've seen time and again. I like to believe in a higher power and i go someplace after i die, i admit mostly because it comforts me, i don't like to think this is it, that type of thing freaks me out. but seriously if you feel you need to give up cma because of the eastern ideals they might teach you might as well stop celebrating christmas as well cause we all know its not really a christian holiday

as stormy told odd see you in service

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post

during sleep, you are unconscious. If I chop off your poking stick while you are sleep, will you not feel it, simply because your mind is unable to create the sensation of pain? Or will the nerve endings scream "Oh snap, your manhood got chopped off, so you'd better wake up?"

The feeling of pain is not created by the mind. To an extent, you can program your mind to ignore the pain, but that does not kill the sensation.
    according to me

and thats exactly my point u can change what happens not by changing the theing happening to u but by the way u react to it
    plus the nerves link to your brain anyway hence the feeling of pain

personally i think god is 1 of the following

1 an expression of nature

2 a support system think about it the 10 commandments and weither u follow them dont affect god but only society and the way u live
    so all this god based religion is a way of controlling ourselves and dealing with lifes questions

the only valid reason i can thing of for being a believer (note not christian because as i explained it it is a set of principles nothing more) is if u can feel gods presence around u and then u either need to get checked into a mental asylum or worship him in your own way
    being a christian and living as a christian is different
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

No, the important question is who would win a fight between God and chuck norris.
    BATMAN would win.

Reply]
    It would be a draw.

As for Batman, Chuck Norris would kick his ass right and propper.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Trick question.

Chuck Norris *IS* God!

Chuck Norris is at best a demi-urge and at worst, a higher level demon from the upper levels of hell...where they stil look a little human. :P

Batman would defeat Chuck Norris.

All that aside, i find a couple of things interesting.

People keep referring to "god" as "him". That's messed up because it is wholly dependent on a patriarchal view. If God is omnipresent and omnipotent, then God cannot have gender ascribed. God is god, not man nor woman, just God.

No one seems to recognize that Jesus, if he actually existed, was by all accounts a rabbi and preserved the rabbinical teachings. His crime was that he went against the Talmudic jewish Laws with his hippy like teachings. He lived the life of a Jew, most of his disciples were Jews and yes, he was probably married seeing as within he bounds of jewish custom, he would have had zero street cred if he didn't have a wife at his age.

Jesus was "voted" into divinity and never made the claim himself. he taught in parrabels and the line about "i am the way, i am the light" is not unlike the sermon in deer park and the subsequent call to adherance to teh 8 fold path that we find in buddhism.

the buddha is considered divine by many, but still recognized as the same flesh as you or I.

jesus was said to have said when asked by Pontius Pilate: "Are you the son of god", his reply "We are all children of God".

most of the wisdom attributed to teh teachings of jesus preceeded him by a long time. There is something called the "Q" (not star trek q you freakin geeks) and the "Q" is essentially the collected wisdom of the ages compiled.

do unto others is in there. love each other is in there, consider the lillies of the field and perhaps most importantly in context to the teachings of jesus, the story of the mustard seed is in there.

By the way, the story of the mustard seed parralels the story of the mango seed in buddhism in many ways contextually.

Anyway, internet forums are the worst place to evangelize, but not bad places for discovering like mindedness.

Being into Jesus and the Martial arts is fine. In fact, any choice you make in your life as you carry on is fine so long as intention is correct as far as Im concerned.

No harm, no foul. Especially when you cannot expect taht everyone will hold to the same set of morals and ethics that you may hold to. As for what each of us "really and actually" believes. I'm willing to bet that for the most part, even ourselves as ourselves are not entirely certain.

Humans are very much in need of visceral experience to establish firm belief.

anyway, what did you think about before you were born?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    anyway, what did you think about before you were born?
    I thought "man, it's warm in here. Wow, these other guys look just like me, and there're thousands of them! Swimming is fun! Oh no, I'm going to crash into that big round thing over there!"
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators