not everyone carries around a camera every second of every day and not everyion can whip one out in the 20 seconds of their encounter and take that perfect shot.

Reply]
Very true. In my case I had an expensive Cannon Rebel XT digital SLR with me because of my Job. Even then, between being awestruck, and haveing to pull over out of traffic, get it out of it's case, and reset the exposure/ apature and shutter speed as well as the quality setting, the object had moved off and was now MILES form where it would have been to take a good close shot (due to it sheer speed it was moving).

The fact that I have a really clear picture of it, despite being so far away, haveing the wrong lense, and my general newness to owning a camera of this quality really says alot about Cannon didgital cameras.

This thing was not a plane, it was not a blimp (WAY too big, and moved way too fast). It most closely resembled a big building that had been knocked down on it's side which had floated up and started flying around.

Shaolin Wookie, I assure you I did not photo shop the photo, other than to crop out the section of it that shows the object, and Zoom in like 1000% so we could see the object that was like 20-30 miles away at that point.