Thread: The myth of the standing arm break...

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by laugarkuen View Post
    I have used a standing joint break on the street when I was attacked with a knife. Luckily they weren't an MMA cage-fighting gorilla.
    Wow! There sure are a lot of CMA guys who have broken arms on the street. And quite a few of them who have done it while being attacked with knives... not only that, but they never seem to even get cut. I guess those Filipino guys who specialize in knives really don't have a clue when they say that most people will get cut when encountering a knife wielding opponent. Of course, they have probably never seen a deadly kung fu knife disarm that allows all these guys to inflict massive damage without getting scratched.

One teacher even seems to specialize in having students who are attacked by thugs on the street and breaking their bones with brutal techniques learned only in forms. One of his guys even broke the arm, the jaw, and the ribs - all while being attacked by a knife wielding opponent... and this vicious barrage was all completed before the opponent even hit the ground.

I am surely impressed with all the deadly kung fu killers walking around... I guess they are better than those lowly sport trained guys afterall... boy have I been wasting my time with that stupid MMA type training.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 01-10-2007 at 11:49 AM.