If you do happen to bite off an ear or a man's nose, either swallow it or stick it in your pocket. He cannot get it reattached and he will always remember you everytime he looks in the mirror.-----I was a bouncer for eight years and believe me I have my fair share of war stories. I have a few scars to prove it. I got into an altercation one night at a bar I was working at (head of security), this bar was so bad at first that I had to hire people everyother week because, after their first weekend, people tended to quit. But anyway, this guy kept giving the barmaid a hard time and wasn't tipping her. After she complained about the man to me, I went over and spoke with the him. He proceeded to call her a dirty b***h (and a few other select names). At this point, I placed my hand on his shoulder and said "sir you're going to have to leave." He replied by saying "f**k you mother f***er, don't f***ing touch me!" Needless to say, before he had a chance to get up, I put him in a choke, opened the door with his face and threw him out into the parking lot. I told him to leave and that the police were on their way. He gets up off the ground, pulls out a knife, and jumps at me. As his knife was going for my stomach I instinctivly reached down to catch his wrist and his knife plunged into my hand. Luckily he let go of the knife (I think it freaked him out, just as much as it ****ed me off). I took the knife out of my hand and I threw it. Basically to make an already long story short, I grabbed the gentleman and beat him until the police arrived. All the while my bouncers were just standing there with their thumbs up their you know whats. The thing that makes this story great is the fact that the guy who tried to stab me, also tried to sue me and the bar. Maybe stomping on the mans head after he was unconcious may seem a little excessive to some, but I don't think it is. Obviously, he didn't win and he went to jail. A few of the things I learned in all my years of bouncing is that you have to be careful because you never know what someone is capable of. It's important to be attentive to your surroundings and everyone around you. Choose your battles wisely, a lot of times you're better off difusing a situation verbally than physically (although the physical altercation may be a lot more fun, at times).