Quote Originally Posted by bungbukuen View Post
Shaolinliueb,

I talked to you a couple years back over PM and you told me that your school did not teach much traditional (only bits and pieces), but that you were trying to get your teacher to start teaching more. Sounded to me like you yourself were teaching purely modern. What is the actual story with you and your school?

BBK
bbk i remember, i was a wee lad and confused back then. i had a conversation with my sifu about it actually. we are a traditional school. we dont do any modern wushu for hand sets other then 1st gen eagle, mantis, snake, and drunken. all our weapons are influenced by the first generation wushu forms that came out. they arent persay the actual ones. i tried to find videos of them and i can't. I know my sifu learned them from Hu Jianqiang who was in the first 3 shaolin temple movies with jet li. he was an old school wushu player too and learned the mantis form directly from yu hai.
one staff form i know is an old chin woo form, i saw the lee koon hung people do the same staff and asked joe keit about it. we do some of the wushu basics,i see a lot of traditional schools doing them these days cause well, they're good. all our hand sets are either traditional long fist, traditional shaolin, or traditional eagle claw. and i can trace them back if needed to provide proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ-7lYXhJbg around 7:20 i perform and then my kung fu brother performs.