Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strong Similarities Between Kongo, Cameroon, Nigerian Languages With Chinese, Japanes

Azntv For Good Period Martial Arts

Some great period martial arts movies, like EMPEROR OF THE SEA, and modern, contemporary Korean series like
    'My Lovely Samsoon," and other, incuding Chinese and Japanese.

Anyway, my favorite Korean actress is the one who plays 'Crazy Girl,' and the one who plays, "Samsoon,' as one who writes and edits and took does movie work, these actresses are quite natural.

The male actors in shows like 'EMPEROR OF THE SEA' are also quite good. The story is a good one.

African Martial Arts

http://www.planetcapoeira.com

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    hungarian a baltic state along with turkey
    listen to it being spoken not necessarily the sound of the words
    Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    2 things
    one korean sounds like hungarian
    and two all languages sound very similar if u r not paying attention to whats being said lol
    I grew up hearing my dad and his friends speak Hungarian my whole life (explains a lot of the psychological scarring); I have had several Korean TKD instructors; I have never thought the two sounded remotely similar - but that is a good example of how perceptions differ

Hungary is not a Baltic state (nor is it Balkan, nor Slavic) - my wife is Latvian, which along with Lithuania and Estonia are the 3 members of that region, and there is no similarity between the languages

actually, Hungarian is similar only to one other language: Finnish - hence the classification of Finno-Urgric as a language group (and they do sound sort of alike: the first time i flew Finna Air, it was a weird experience - like hearing Hungarian mixed with something Germanic or Scandinavian...)

a lot of Hungarians do look vaguely like Central Asians - wonder why...

I also have heard somewhere that Japanese and Hungarian share some similarities in the "deep grammar", but I have no idea where I heard that or what it actually means (vaguely CHomskian at best)

just some thoughts...

(oh, and yes, Hungarian womean are outta sight...)

Ross is absolutely correct, chinese and japanese are not from the same linguistic group.

As for the Shang and Xia thing, while there is some more recent archeological evidence that tells us something about the Shang, there is not such a record for the Xia: most of what we know is from ancient sources and not from an existing archeological record. It is believed that it was an actual(not purely mythical) dynasty, but details about it are lost.

As for genetic similarities to people in africa, it's the cradle of humanity: we all have genetic similarities from that very source, without exception. It doesn't require them holding sway in China, not to mention the difficulties in getting them there in sufficient numbers to alter the ethnic mix.

And I don't think the chou were mongol. The mongols didn't exist yet. Hell, that would have been pre Xiangnu in the North, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    When I was taking Korean language lessons in my futile attempt to acquire the language, I remember one thing, an intro that said that the only thing remotely similar to Japanese and Korean is a sub dialect of Turkish! Attributable to steppes no mads who are ancestors of both Koreans and modern Turks

Thus, I find it hard to believe there are true similarities with any African language
    that dnt suprise me at all, its well known that turkish are mongols.
    Who dares Wins

When I was in high school, everyone was like "Korean chicks are hot! Look at those legs! Whoooo!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nubianem View Post
    Any one of you who have CABLE COMCAST and watch Channel 98 should watch 'EMPEROR OF THE SEA,' because it is a good series ( 8:00 - 9:30 California time).

Korean movies of all types whether contemporary drammas or costumed, or martial arts movies are doing well.

Now how comes a Korean acress in 'WINNER TAKES ALL' LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE A BLACK AFRICAN-AMERICAN ACTRESS IN 'SOUL FOOD?' Their features are identical, yet they are different 'races.' How could that be.

Anyway, ita apparent from the Korean period costumes that the Chinese influence is great. The armor is similar, so are the helmets and the weaponry.

Too bad the Korean pirates are involved in buying and selling Korean slaves. Once reading a book, it seems that the Mongols were the ones buying and selling Japanese slaves (pre 1800's.)

Anyway, this is an exciting show.

TRADITIONAL AFRICAN, CONGO-ANGOLA MARTIAL ARTS:
    http://www.malandros-touro.com/generic-html?pid=2
    And talking about slavers, I can't imagine any group being bigger slavers than the Arabs! Aside from the 25 million Africans they enslaved, Arab slavers were big on Irish, British and anyone else they could get their hands on (Google gave me: White Slaves, Arab Masters...really wild stuff). There was even an account of them capturing a bewildered village of 429 Icelanders during their Sunday afternoon church service one day back in the 1800s, or was that the 1600s? And their profligate brigrandry on U.S. shore was supposedly the one driving force that brought the U.S. Navy into existence. But how come the Arabs had to castrate all the Black slaves? The White guys could be just regular slaves, but all the Brothas had to be eunics. What was that all about???
    Last edited by Faruq; 10-27-2006 at 05:12 AM.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Africans Devastated Arab Armies; Stopped Slavery In Iraq

The Arabs began a very bad trade about 600's A.D., AFTER THEY WERE DEFEATED BY THE NUBIAN EMPEROR KALYDOSOS - IMAGINE THAT!

The Arabs invaded Nubia (Sudan) in the 600's A.D. and were defeated every time by the nubian cavalry who were crack archers - and had been since before 3000 BC). The Arabs were defeated mor than three times. Yet they carried on a relentless war on the Nubians - like guerilla warfare - and so after a while the Arabs and the Nubians signed a peace treaty and the Arabs demanded 'bakt' (tribute). That tribute included slaves (and watching Emperor of the Sea - on http://www.AZNTV.com about Korean enslaving other people in the old days, and the Lady asking for slaves, reminds me of the Nubian predicament. However the 'slaves' were actually war captives - like the 80 percent of Africans sent to the US (both men and women) were war captives - that's why in the Americas alone, one will find over 20 forms of unarmed combat among people of African descent from Argentina to Alaska.

The Arabs did not castrate all male slaves except those who worked in particular HAREMS. Most slaves in the Arab world before the 800's AD and after worked on plantations.
    In fact, THERE WAS A VERY DANGEROUS SLAVE REBELLION IN IRAQ IN THE 800'S A.D. It is called 'THE REBELLION OF THE ZANJ' and for about twenty years, a relentless war against the Arabs was carried out by African slaves who came from all of Africa's great empires and kingdoms at the time - ALL WHO HAD STOPPED THE ARABS FROM ENTERING THEIR LANDS, BUT MOST WHO KEPT PRISONERS OF WAR.

War captives from places like the Swahili Coast (the ancient Negau-Punt cultural region from Somalia to Zimbabwe), Mali, Songhai, Sudan, the Sahara were sent to Egypt, Iraq and other Arab nations. There were also slaves captured just anywhere (as in the Roots story).

In the 800's A.D., the slaves of Iraq had a wide rebellion. That rebellion led to the devastation of the plantation economy along the Tigris/Euphrates river. It led to the creation of the CIty of Moktarra that the Blacks (Zanj) used as their capital. For years, the slave armies destroyed and wiped out large numbers of Arabs.

Finally, the Arabs recalled all their soldiers spread from Turkey to Morocco to enter the fight. At that point, they were able to crush the rebellion.
    SEE MORE ON THIS: Read 'Susu Economics,' http://www.AuthorHouse.com or check this link http://community.webtv.net/pabarton

REBELLION OF THE ZANJ
    Also see http://www.cwo.com/~lucumi/runoko.html

After the REBELLION OF THE ZANJ, the Arabs stopped importing slaves to do plantation labor. They began to import slaves to do other types of work, particularly domestic work and as palace guards.

They also used slaves to look after the harems. THE HAREM SLAVES WERE THE ONES WHO WERE 'CLIPPED.'

Slavery however continues today and the very same people are involved in the buying and selling of human beings.

NUBIAN KINGS AND QUEENS 1000 B.C. TO 300 A.D.
    http://community.webtv.net/nubianem2

http://blackmalepower.proboards106.com

LEARN TO PEAK ENGLISH
    http://learntopeakenglish.blogsphere.com
    http://learnstopeakenglish.blogsphere.com

Wow! This is a refreshing topic. Nubianem does exellant homework and presents information in a way I easily understand. Thank You!
    As mentioned earlier I can't imagine some traces of San culture being everywhere as they are more than likely everyones common ancesters.

P.S. Those that believe in the concept of honor thy Father and thy Mother had better do some research on the San and find out what's happening to them. It's very disheartening.

Interesting writing style, though there were lots of famous eunuch courtesans, soldiers and public servants. I mean a lot were in the Hareem (plural of Harem), but that definately was not the only place they were employed. At least it looks like you're trying to study and learn some stuff though. So, good on ya!
    Bravo 3alaik Ya 7abibi!
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man