Thread: Arthritis

1. Arthritis

i have Arthritis in my lower back...what Traditional Chinese medicines what help with this problem?
    martial arts and music share the same principles, both wrestle with complex chords and rare melodies.
    http://www.myspace.com/punkrockmantis

Lower back treatment

Hi,

In traditional chinese medicine (TCM) the lower back belongs to the kidneys. As usually there is no easy answer to your question since all diagnosis is pattern based. With this in mind you have several different possible diagnoses: Kd yang deficiency, Kd yin deficiency, Wind-damp type condition, blood stagnation. Tui na is also very effective for lower back arthritis, however it is very difficult to find a good practicioner of tui na. The best thing to do is see a TCM practitioner for the differential diagnosis. Acupuncture is also very useful for low back pain. If you try and self-diagnose you could have some negative side-effects from the herbal formulas if you guess wrong.

Good Luck,

Fred

For academic purposes, as Po Chi Lam stated, the lower back belongs to the kidneys. If you check an herbal reference or Materia Medica, youll notice that many yang tonifying herbs, and some yin tonifying herbs, are useful for the lower back and strengthening bone/sinew...Unsurprisingly, all the ones with these indications enter the kindey meridian, among others...

arthritis/back pain

suggest check out chiherbal.com for topical herb sprays,baths,etc.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Would you mind me doing something long distance? To affect your arthritis.

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Yeah, the guy at chi kung dot com does distance healing too. It'd be interesting to try.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

Attempt

An attempt was made around 0601 this election day Tuesday morning 07 November 2006.

When I do something like this I get sensations. I have to interpret them. I interpret them so-far, as there's something here, and it has a certain intensity. If you have something there (my interpretation, I preceive it to be tension and think you perceive it as Pain/tightness.

I went for about three to five minutes or so and got the impression that most was on the right side of your back. The center level right seemd a significant area.

But I then noticed around the place the butt and back meet--waist level--lower left--/left kidney area, alot.

Then I noticed at the right ribcage below the shoulderblade but to the right yet not really on right side (3 o'clock...front is 12 o'clock, absolute right is 3 o'clock, back is 6 o'clock, absolute left is 9 o'clock).

There is this concept that you had something across your upper most back/shoulders and especially the right shoulder at least in the back-side--proximal triceps sort of thing.

From the back I presume~there is an area for you of the chest (xiphoid process) to neck. Given that when I noticed your shoulders 0621~I noticed down your ribcage on the left--below the level of the shoulderblade but between your lats and your shoulderblade if those places were like longitude on a globe

I wonder if you have breathing situations--the two ribcage areas I might think were lung (related~) tension; behind the xiphoid process-neck I might take to be throat--breathing situation. Regardless of my interpretation upperchest/neck and lower mid left and lower mid right seemed to be areas of something.

...Hopefully you do not feel worse. We would not want you to feel worse.

This is a learning process for me, all feedback would be welcome. Any input of how you feel after, same or different in either direction might help me refine my interpretation of my perceptions and comprehensions of what I might think I feel.

Thank you.

.................................................. ...........................No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com