Thread: Good training in China

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg
    I know the cost of living is not going to be high but how much is training at a top notch school?

A teacher with a good reputation is going to know there are plenty of rich Americans out there willing to pay big bucks.
    everything in china is negotiable, if you are training with a real traditional teacher then chances are you will not be in a "school" situation with fixed tuition, you will make arrangements individually with your teacher. speaking a little chinese helps, after convincing one of my teachers there that i was a poor student he gave me a tuition rate that i later found out was more than half of what he charged most others.

omar is right on about what a ripoff those tours are. before you go to china to train you should really ask yourself how committed you are. many people there will try to give you the impression that in however long you're there, you will be able to completely master whatever they're teaching you, because they know that's what you want to hear. but if you are going there to learn a new art, a couple months or even a year is not really enough time.
    Last edited by beiquan; 08-15-2006 at 09:17 AM.