Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to cut weight (experienced replies only please)

How to cut weight (experienced replies only please)

I need to cut roughly 10lbs in 3 weeks. I'm sure I could drop 6 easy, just from doing what I'm doing and cutting out all luxuries in food. Can I sweat the rest? How many days?

What has been proven to work to cut that much weight in 3 weeks, weight in on a friday and fight on a Sat?

No soda, no carbs (bread, pasta, etc...).

I cut from 168 to 159 in 4 days to make lighweight division using that formula. The night before (weigh-in was 9 AM next day), I had to sweat off 2lbs. Did that by jogging around the block with a sweatshirt on.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 08-09-2006 at 07:52 AM.

So, that will leave you with four pounds to go? You can drop that kind of water weight easily. You have plenty of time, this doesn't even sound like a challenge.

What about guys who hold weight, and have difficulty loseing?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

no white sugar, no white flour, no bread, no pasta, no candy, no beers no processed cereals, pretty much if it is not raw on a counter or in a meat counter, don't eat it. Don't eat any processed foods or anything that comes in a package.

Eat only meat and green or yellow vegetables. Do not over eat. Graze.

Work out with regular intensity.

Eat as soon as you get up in the morning to fire your metabolism then eat meals of only fresh fruit/veg and meats about 3-5 smaller meals throughout the day is better that 3 huge meals.

Walk! Walk a lot! Im talking hours here. If you want to jog a litle, ok, but don't get your heart going so much that you start burning glycogens instead of stored fat.

Drink a lot of water as well.

Barring all that, go get yourself a big bag of crack and only smoke crack continuously. You'll loose a couple of teeth and get all messed in the head, but riding that snake will shed the pounds off you in no time!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

It's interesting that you say walk, I go hiking for a week every Aug at Starved rock. My diet while I camp there is 2 apples in the morning, some trail mix and home made beef jerky that I eat across 2 meals during the day, and a burger and corn cooked on an open fire for dinner.

My day starts by climbing to the top of devile's nose, doing Qi Gong, and about 40 minutes to an hour of forms work (Short forms, or sections of forms, not a lot of room way up there), then climbing down and hiking for 4-6 or maybe 7 hours. [EDIT] I go off trail, and try to cover the roughest terrain as possible for at east half the hike.

I drink TONES of well water, which for some reason quenches thirst better than anything else I have ever tried. I always drop 7-8 pounds when i go, so long as I am gone at lest 5 days.

I also sleep like 10-11 hours when i camp, I don't know why. I seem much more comfortable outside in a tent than at home in my bed.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson

Barring all that, go get yourself a big bag of crack and only smoke crack continuously. You'll loose a couple of teeth and get all messed in the head, but riding that snake will shed the pounds off you in no time!
    lol, nice.

Lower caloric intake, increase activity.

Ex: Drop all the soft drinks, alcohol, bread/cheese/junk.
    Get a $6 jumprope, jump 20 mins/day. More running. Stairmaster.
    SevenStar: It's hilarious seeing people's reactions when they see a big, black dude with a sword walking toward them.

Masterkiller: Especially when they're at the ATM.

WTF? How did we go from the White Haired Devil strangling and beating guys to death in a teahouse, to Mr Miyagi and Jhoon Rhee?

I would recommend intesive swimming but make sure you give yourself three days rest, at least before your match.

Continued swimming helps to develop soft power in the arms and shoulders and legs. I also find that you can generate propulsive power from the waist, being the biggest muscle in the body this is a great calorie burner. Just twist your way through the water. In order not to interfere with internal training it is important never to hold your breath. You should be able to work out for longer in water too as much of the energy you use for balance is taken care of by bouyancy (sp).

Everybody should swim; it's like an easy tai chi exercise.

A guy on the curent season of the contender dropped 10lbs in 2 days. He adjusted his diet, jogged on the treadmill with one of those plastic suits and then sat in the steam room. It didn't look like it took anything out him during the fight.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    What about guys who hold weight, and have difficulty loseing?
    No matter who it is, ten pounds in three weeks is not a big deal. Reduce the calories a bit, increase the training, and cut water for maybe a day, day and a half before the time he has to weigh in (if that's even necessary, three weeks is a long time). Easy.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina
    I need to cut roughly 10lbs in 3 weeks. I'm sure I could drop 6 easy, just from doing what I'm doing and cutting out all luxuries in food. Can I sweat the rest? How many days?

What has been proven to work to cut that much weight in 3 weeks, weight in on a friday and fight on a Sat?
    If you can hack it, Combine white tuna with green beans or spinach and flavor from mustard or hot oil or some hot sauce to add flavor and help overwhelm the tastebuds. Eat alot of this Make sure there is alot of tuna in the mix, eat this all day long. You will drop a ton and keep alot of muscle if you work out and remember tuna tuna tuna. You can effectively drop almost 800 calories a day from a 2000 calorie diet this way. I did this and plummeted in weight got down to 7 % BODY FAT and was ripppppped.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksawild
    Everybody should swim; it's like an easy tai chi exercise.
    I was swimming 4 days a week all winter but they recently changed the pool schedule for summer. I have the ocean up the block, but to really swim long distances I would have to get out beyond the jetties and I admit, I hear the theme to jaws when I'm out that far without a surfboard

I get in the pool now 2 times a week. Maybe 3 at most. I surf, but it's been flat the past few days so I've been running .... only about 2 miles, and then adding sprints. Training 6 days a week though, 4 with my master, 3 with my students.

It would take me a month to drop 10 pounds, no matter how much I trained, short of hiking all day, everyday.

For the Women:

+ = & a

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    minimize salt/sodium to help reduce water retention.

i've heard that taking higher doses of Vitamin C will help shed water but I don't know for a fact.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"