Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Cloud (Wizard of Oz) vs. KF

Dave take a chill pill why don't ya, I was just responding to your attitude like youre to good to be implicated by this thread that knife fighter started witch was originaly called Ross vrs. Negron

If anything I Don't want my name on this thread, but it seems that you and knife are good at deleting threads and then trying to recreate them.

Dave I don't want to create an issue over this stupid juvenile thread just remember I never mentioned your name till you stepped in with your high and mighty remarks.

And I don't know why you would bring up stuff that's on my site do you realy want to go there??? Mr. exhaulted King of San Da.

the cutting and pasting is one thing but to delete a thread and then change the tittle is something that peves me off.

Not that anyone can go back and read the original thread but this all started when I was in the midst of congradulating dragon warrior on his new school.

Some how a nice conversation between two friends digressed into this crap and the knife fighter was the catalyst

Dave I would also caution you not to get personal if you know what I mean since we are training brothers and know a lot of personal things about each other. Lets keep our dirty laundry at home.

For now I'm done with this thread and you know what I'm done with this forum there are way to many a holes that just take away from this forum and I have more productive things to do. good day.
    Last edited by Green Cloud; 08-04-2006 at 12:52 AM.

Can I get an amen?

One less Gong-fu fu-fu.

Now if we could just somehow drive off that pesky MK

...and all this dale and dave and john and peter and such, I mean - KF is much easier to type then dale and easier for us laymen to follow.

strike!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Warrior
    I dont see how knifefighter has "hurt the sport" of bjj, or gave a negative impression of me by his statements on this thread. When we are "testing" each other in training, it is 95% of the time, a positive thing.

Also, if I meet a person or martial artist who claims to have trained in some kind of grappling I always invite them to my class (to "test" them). Usually my white belts control them and tap them out over and over again. They either say (as I did), "**** I've been training for years and I am getting my ass kicked by white belts. I have to learn this stuff." Or they never come back either because their heads are to big to put a white belt on and get their asses kicked for a few months, or some other lame reason.
    Exactly... good post.

Quote Originally Posted by yenhoi
    ...and all this dale and dave and john and peter and such,
    Yeah, it's not like we are friends or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    and you know what I'm done with this forum there are way to many a holes that just take away from this forum and I have more productive things to do. good day.
    NOW my job is done.
    You're welcome folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    Dave take a chill pill why don't ya, I was just responding to your attitude like youre to good ... blah, blah, blah, blah.. till you stepped in with your high and mighty remarks...blah, blah, blah, blah... Mr. exhaulted King of San Da...blah, blah, blah, blah.....Dave I would also caution you not to get personal if you know what I mean....blah, blah, blah, blah.
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    Gus, if you want to make an arse out of yourself...blah, blah, blah, blah.... why can't you... blah, blah, blah, blah... I strongly suggest you mind your own business,blah, blah, blah, blah.
    Hmmm... maybe it's time to change tracks again and rename this "The Wizard of Oz vs. lkfmdc ."

I like being in charge of the thread.

Maybe next I'll become a moderator and be in charge of the whole forum... that would be fun.

Thumbs down

I generally find just "kf" confusing (but maybe that's just me) and typing out "knife fighter" can be a drag, but if knifefighter is somehow insulted by my addressing him I guess I'm fine typing out knifefighter

Gus, I really do hope you're finally done with this.......
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Just do what my good little buddy Abel does and call me knifey.

uh..... thinking about it....... and......... no

I'll just type out knifefighter
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Knifey

I think I can speak for the wing chun forum. I am hurt ! Its like finding out a girlfriend is cheating on you. I thought you only liked to play with wing chunners and here you are getting every Tom **** and Wong stirred up. Arent were Kung Fuey enough for you? Oh! the horror of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Warrior
    Water Dragon,

I dont see how knifefighter has "hurt the sport" of bjj, or gave a negative impression of me by his statements on this thread. When we are "testing" each other in training, it is 95% of the time, a positive thing.

Also, if I meet a person or martial artist who claims to have trained in some kind of grappling I always invite them to my class (to "test" them). Usually my white belts control them and tap them out over and over again. They either say (as I did), "**** I've been training for years and I am getting my ass kicked by white belts. I have to learn this stuff." Or they never come back either because their heads are to big to put a white belt on and get their asses kicked for a few months, or some other lame reason.
    I guess we just look at things a little differently. I don't understand the mind set of inviting people to your class to 'test' them. It almost sounds like you're motivation is to teach these guys a lesson. I may be wrong, but that's the impression it gives me.

Why not just invite these people to train? If they're the type your talking about, The end result's gonna be the same. I'm a 3 year white belt myself, so I'm one of these guys you're talking about. If I roll with a new guy to the gym, I'm gonna be cautious, since I don't know him, but I'm also not gonna go after him. I'm gonna work hard on my position until I figure him out, then I'll play the way he wants to play. I'm not gonna 'test' him and see how many times I can sub the guy hust to prove a point. It's not going to do anything to help me improve, and it's more likely to chase away a potential training partner (or for you a potential student) than to prove any point. Egos get crushed on the mat regardelss, it's the nature of Jujutsu.

My beef with Dale, if you could call it a beef I don't think it is, is more with the way he represents himself in general. My understanding is the man has skills. I could learn a lot from the guy I bet. But I wouldn't train with him simply because I don't want to be around that attitude. A lot of people here have no exposure to BJJ except for what they see here. What do you think their impression of people who train BJJ is? How many people have lurked on these forums, read these threads and walked away thinking, "Geez, those BJJ guys are jerks. I don't wanna train with them." A lot I bet. And no, it's not just KF. I'm kinda trying to make a point with everyone here.

Sorry Dale, I'm not trying to pick on you or disrespect you. I'm focusing on one characteristic here, not you. I just want that to be known. And no disrespect to you either, Dragon Warrior. I'm definately NOT trying to tell you what you should do in your classes.

I am saying think about how you act because you represent more than just yourself if you like it or not. That's just how it is. Not just with BJJ, but with everything. You always represent everything you are associated with.

I know BJJ has a tradition of calling people out and showing what they do. But BJJ is not an unknown art trying to prove itself. It's already proven itself and earned it's respect. That can't be taken away. Now we need to grow the art and the sport, and that needs a different mindset.

Again, these are just my personal opinions. I have the right to voice my opinion and you have the right to disagree with it.

OK, I'm done waxing philosophical now. Back to one liners for a bit.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Im not really inviting people to my class to "test" them. The "testing" part is just a consequence of the training.

If I meet someone who tells me that he is a master grappler, i have to invite him to come and train. He already put himself in a position to back up what he says. Now, that doesnt mean that he is going to have a grudge match with all my guys, he will just roll like everyone else. At the end of the session, he will know where he stands. Nobody is going to (on purpose) make him feel like he was "tested," they will all show respect as long as they get respect in return.

I thought I had some grappling skill because I watched Royce fight in the ufc. I knew the different positions and some submissions. So when i first took a class, I was shocked by how easily i got tapped by white belts and blue belts. I was put to the test, and I learned that I didnt know **** about ground fighting.

Also, sometimes I do want to teach people a lesson, and what is wrong with that. I am an instructor, and sometimes a good ass kicking is the best lesson you can get, and not just for your jiujitsu game, but for your ego as well. Humility is a big part of CMA. How do CMA'ists teach their students the lesson of humility. I am sure all schools and styles have their own method. In jiu-jitsu, it is on the mat.

Anyway Water Dragon, we are arguing about nothing. I actually agree with almost your entire post (except the part about KF, i dont know him well enough to comment), we are just looking at the word "test" differently im my opinion.
    Last edited by Dragon Warrior; 08-04-2006 at 11:59 PM.

Sub Grappling is a great art, very technical and im considering entering in the next comp in sydney. All kung fu peeps should go and roll with BJJ or grapplers to see how fast they find out they are out of there game.

lol!!!

knifey for main forum moderator!!!

strike!

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon
    A lot of people here have no exposure to BJJ except for what they see here. What do you think their impression of people who train BJJ is? How many people have lurked on these forums, read these threads and walked away thinking, "Geez, those BJJ guys are jerks. I don't wanna train with them." A lot I bet. And no, it's not just KF. I'm kinda trying to make a point with everyone here.
    I am saying think about how you act because you represent more than just yourself if you like it or not. That's just how it is. Not just with BJJ, but with everything. You always represent everything you are associated with.
    WD-
    You are right.
    Point well taken.