Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for School In Chicago area

Hey SD I just spoke to my student the name of the town is Botavia, does that ring a bell???

Batavia? He's out in the styx, Bro. He's more like a good hour from the city than 1/2 hour. The closest good school that I know of is the Golden Mountain. It's Long Fist, but it's good stuff, real good stuff. A lot of people here can vouch for the Mountain. Dr. Brian Wu was also teaching some Shuai Chiao around there. I don't think they were private classes, but i don't know if they're still going on. There's also some decent BJJ in that are. I came up on the South Side, so there's probably more in the area I'm not familiar with.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Almost forgot. I use to go to a private Tai Ji group that would meet up in Wheaton every Sunday. William CC Chen/Tao Ping Siang stuff. They work with Nathan Menaged from Ohio a lot.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

I have a freind that teaches Hung Gar very close to there in Aurora

Batavia is 40 minutes to the city limits at best, 1-1/2 to downtown.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

So I live in ****ing kankakee. It takes me 2 hours to get to the school by train. 1 hour by car (before the dan ryan construction now its 1 1/2 hours). Trust me it's worth it.

On the weekend training can go between 3 to 4 hours. So it's not like you are traveling for an hour each way to train for 45 mins

People in chicago wine whenever it takes more than 5 minutes to get anywhere from their house
    Last edited by Shaolindynasty; 08-02-2006 at 07:56 PM.

SD thanks for your help he is planning on going to your kwoon since a 45 minute trip to the city is no big deal for him. Keep in mind he is some sort of Scientist who will be there for six months on buiss. so I'd say he's gona have a lot of time on his hands.

I'm also looking at this as a way to establish a friendly raport with this Kwoon.

Thank You once again Gus

I probally won't be at the school. Next tuesday I am moving to Las Vegas for awhile but have your student tell Sifu Ng that Chris reffered you.

"People in chicago wine whenever it takes more than 5 minutes to get anywhere from their house"

Not my experience, and I've lived in Chicago... not the boonies...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Dr.Brian Wu is no longer teaching openly...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

I think this is what im going to have to settle for too. i was looking for the same thing as you.
    http://www.jkdchicago.com/why_jkd.php