Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Taekwondo vs WingChun

theres no wing chun in that clip....

To be honest. I would see a person studying Wing Chun having more of a hard time with an experienced Western boxer. Or Muay Thai.

OF course it also comes down to the individual and, not just the art.

Quote Originally Posted by sir-elrik
    WC is ideal against TKD! if the WC guy is clever could easilly won. nevertheless i hv to point out that has to be CLEVER cause exist a vid in net tha that shows a WC guy to get bitten serioysly by a karate guy(koyokusin or how in the hell is spelld) who only applied kicks http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...97&q=wing+chun . The WC guy was so crap that even me i wld hv perfomed better. i think he frose cause he hdnt practise againt incoming full power kicks in the head.

Its all about the fighter and they way he trains not so much about the art.
    There are no Wing Chun fighters in that clip. The Kyokushin karateka go up against 2 drunken boxing idiots who are more concerned about drunken posturing than actual fighting and the last guy is a snake fist practitioner. The kanji titles at the start of each bout are quite clear.

SH@#T im sure i hv seen that clip with a wing chun guy after the last idiot!!
    sorry
    Who dares Wins

Quote Originally Posted by sir-elrik
    WC is ideal against TKD! if the WC guy is clever could easilly won. nevertheless i hv to point out that has to be CLEVER cause exist a vid in net tha that shows a WC guy to get bitten serioysly by a karate guy(koyokusin or how in the hell is spelld) who only applied kicks http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...97&q=wing+chun . The WC guy was so crap that even me i wld hv perfomed better. i think he frose cause he hdnt practise againt incoming full power kicks in the head.

Its all about the fighter and they way he trains not so much about the art.
    Actually, what that proves is that if you take a couple of homeless men and say "hey, we'll give you $5 if you do some drunken-looking stuff against a Karate guy. Just let him kick you in the head a few times." They will say "Sure no problem!"

The wing chun guy toward the end actually looked serious though, just not very experienced
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

What's interesting about that clip is the hand placement of the Kyokushin practioner's hands. Every Kyokushin artist I've seen keeps their hands up in a fist sorta like a boxer, but a bit more spread apart. This guy had his hands parrallel to his ribs. In fact, he looked more TKD than Kyokushin.

Lucky for the Drunken stylists, because some punches to the dome would have made that clip a lot more brutal.

Fighting Black Kings brutal....