Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Second Graders teaching First Graders

Bad ass

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenceofidaho
    [B]Were talkin about Chuck 'F--in' Norris here, (not some joker who runs the karate classes at McDojo in the local stripmall). The man has phenomenal striking skills, a black belt in Machado Jiu Jitsu, and years of competitive experience.
    Call it bro !

I understand people want to dog on the man now days - and walker texas ranger hasnt helped fight that stigma.

Correct me if im worng, But the man was 7 times world karate champion, back in the days when it was BARE KNUCKLE FIGHTING, before the safety concious powers that be, added gloves and whole lot of rules to make it SAFER

Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Chuck was, and by all accounts still is, a great MAist. Like Dan Inosanto, he's never stopped wanting to learn more about MA and never stopped training.

He's a better actor than the Governator, too
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich
    Chuck was, and by all accounts still is, a great MAist. Like Dan Inosanto, he's never stopped wanting to learn more about MA and never stopped training.
    These guys were already respected [masters] over two decades ago, but have not wasted the past 20 years growing stale by repeating the same training regimins over and over. They both put on white belts and stepped on to the mats to learn Machado Jiu Jitsu in the 90's, and have persevered to earn their black belts. They train with a variety of other martial artists of *ALL* backgrounds, and you'll never hear them utter words like "best style", etc....

Props to Dan and Chuck.
    I don't think Wing Chun is so limited that I can't do it when I wrestle, box, kickbox, or fight by MMA rules, nor am I so limited a student that I can't improve by training in each of those forums. -Andrew S

A good instructor encourages his students to question things, think for themselves and determine their own solutions to problems. They give advice, rather than acting as a vehicle for the transmission of dogma.
    -Andrew Nerlich

If you look at the clip that I posted, you can see that Chuck Norris seems to be having fun with all of this. He certainly doesn't seem to take himself, or this super-human persona, too seriously. I think that's great.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

So you guys are saying Chuck Norris would beat Mike Tyson up with not even a sweat?

Wow he must be very good than...

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix
    If you look at the clip that I posted, you can see that Chuck Norris seems to be having fun with all of this. He certainly doesn't seem to take himself, or this super-human persona, too seriously. I think that's great.
    He's not trying to convince anyone that he's something he isn't for ego and / or marketing purposes. (ala; Segal, Van Damme, or 'Grandmaster' _______)

Seems like a good human being.
    I don't think Wing Chun is so limited that I can't do it when I wrestle, box, kickbox, or fight by MMA rules, nor am I so limited a student that I can't improve by training in each of those forums. -Andrew S

A good instructor encourages his students to question things, think for themselves and determine their own solutions to problems. They give advice, rather than acting as a vehicle for the transmission of dogma.
    -Andrew Nerlich

So I guess second grade teachers are still good to learn WC from, now we talk about Chuck Norris and what a good human he is, lol. WC is a perfect art for those who understand it, but if YOUR cup is full you cant even hear what Im saying but change the subject to knife fighting, how ignorant I am, Chuck Norris and so on. If that brings you on the real path of WC more power to you. This was my last post, so good luck to you all in all your endeavours.

if YOUR cup is full you cant even hear what Im saying
    Pot, kettle, black.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by valahian
    but if YOUR cup is full you cant even hear what Im saying but change the subject to knife fighting, how ignorant I am, Chuck Norris and so on. If that brings you on the real path of WC more power to you.
    We can hear you, but maybe what you have to say isn't as interesting as YOU think it is. Conversations evolve. That's life at KFO.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'