Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite MA film star

Chan Kuan-Tai

Hey Puma,
    Saw CHen kwan tai on there, just wanted to see if you have seen Killer Constable before, aka lightining kungfu, which is actually the only thing this movie needs, it is a very dark movie.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Hey Jethro
    No,I haven't seen Killer Constable yet
    I rented it last week end and recorded it,but I haven't had
    a chance to watch it yet... i saw bits and pieces of it as I was
    recording it and it did look pretty good and dark
    I think the reason it's so dark is because it's a bootlegged
    copy...however...I plan on watching it today or tomorrow
    If life isn't fair...than why should i be

Quote Originally Posted by puma
    Hey Jethro
    No,I haven't seen Killer Constable yet
    I rented it last week end and recorded it,but I haven't had
    a chance to watch it yet... i saw bits and pieces of it as I was
    recording it and it did look pretty good and dark
    I think the reason it's so dark is because it's a bootlegged
    copy...however...I plan on watching it today or tomorrow

Puma,

THis movie is of course a bootleg, but has no white lines and the picture is very acceptable. The dubbing is another story but better than any of the wutang or new age Jet li movies. Tell me by any chance if you have the name under Killer Constable or Lightining Kung fu, because lightining is in a blue box with two guys in an armlock, who aren't in the movie. Hopefully this is not too much of a spoiler but the bootleg version of lightining is judt fine and is DEFINITELY not the reason it is so dark. A wonderful story with one hell of a lead character, great support like Pai pao and Ku Feng. i have an 87-88 min version and the sound BOOMS. Tell me what the copy was like that you have and if it is the same as mine.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

First of all, Jet Li really can fight.
    I never said he couldn't Though I think he's made it clear he could really care less about real fighting though(1.he's a pacifist 2.he's filthy rich and can afford body gaurds)
    Second, have you ever heard of Benny the Jet Urquidez or Chuck Norris, cause I'm pretty sure you have.
    Have you ever seen a Chuck Norris movie? They were good fighters, but are pretty bad actors (at least Chuck is... only seen Benny the Jet in a Jackie Chan movie... didn't see him act ).

QUOTE]So I don't want to rub you the wrong way, but just give my opinion that these guys really can fight. And come on dude, seriously, you are gonna tell me after watching fist of legend that Billy Chow wouldn't woop up on about anyone in this world. You can see the power within him, call it the glow if you want.[/QUOTE]
    Billy Chow's awesome and would whoop my @ss... but that's not the point. You said no Beijing wushu people or Chinese Opera... Jackie Chan is Chinese Opera but would certainly kick most of our @sses as well... known a number of Beijing wushu people who could kick @ss too Your rules are silly and I choose to ignore them

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    I never said he couldn't Though I think he's made it clear he could really care less about real fighting though(1.he's a pacifist 2.he's filthy rich and can afford body gaurds)

Have you ever seen a Chuck Norris movie? They were good fighters, but are pretty bad actors (at least Chuck is... only seen Benny the Jet in a Jackie Chan movie... didn't see him act ).

QUOTE]So I don't want to rub you the wrong way, but just give my opinion that these guys really can fight. And come on dude, seriously, you are gonna tell me after watching fist of legend that Billy Chow wouldn't woop up on about anyone in this world. You can see the power within him, call it the glow if you want.
    Billy Chow's awesome and would whoop my @ss... but that's not the point. You said no Beijing wushu people or Chinese Opera... Jackie Chan is Chinese Opera but would certainly kick most of our @sses as well... known a number of Beijing wushu people who could kick @ss too Your rules are silly and I choose to ignore them [/QUOTE]

I don't remember making any rules on this thread, but I was ONLY saying that a lot of these guys on screen, WHO DO INCRIDIBLE MOVES on screen, are pretty tough in real life. Though I haven't seen guys like chen kwan tai or bolo fight in real life, I'm just saying that they csn woop some @ass@@ @ @ .@. You seem to have made up some new rules on this thrread with saying that you can't tell who can fight or not in real life. So I wanted to call you out and say that guys like bolo, even though he can't act can really fight, and billy chow who is a pretty good actor(at least as a bad guy can also really fight). @ So if you cannot tell the difference between cliff lok and bruce lee, than you need to wwatch these movies a little bit closer. @

Thumbs up Not my favorite but still gotta give Jack Long his props

I was going over some of my Jack Long dvds(7 gmasters, ninja checkmate, world of drunken master, etc.) He isn't a power guy like shen chan or donnie yen, but He and Joseoh Kuo seriously put some of the greatest fu ever to the movie screen. Just a for instance, watch his fight in 7 grandmasters with corey yuen, obviously they ripped this off in crouching dragon, but jack long does stuff that I had no idea was possible.

Yeah...Jack Long is pretty cool
    Have you ever seen a movie he
    was in called Boxers Adventure??
    He was pretty good in that one too
    If life isn't fair...than why should i be

Question pumaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

what's up man, I think I have seen a trailer for the boxer's adventure, I remember seeing a lot of that reverse filimng to make it look like they are superman or something. But your saying it was pretty good?

Also, tell me what you thought of killer constable. "I said that I would forget about your doings, I didn't say I would spare your life". One more, one more, "If you'd have given up the gold, you might have lived". Great freaking movie.

Chang Shan has also been in the following movies I've seen:
    Of Cooks and Kung Fu;
    Seven Steps of Kung Fu;
    A Fistful of Talons (A bit part; too bad he didn't get to fight Billy Chong);
    Ma Lu Xiao Ying Xiong (I don't know the English title, this was a late-'80s Taiwanese film directed by the Yuen Brothers);
    5 Fighters from Shaolin (as a good guy).
    I've also seen him in a few forgettable modern-day "ninja" films with Alexander Lo Rei.

Besides his kicks, Chang Shan performs very well at apparently southern-style hand techniques, often using more hands than feet in his films! Very versatile performer.

Billy Chow was a world-class kickboxer in the now-defunct World Karate Association in the '80s.

My fave stars include:
    Gordon Liu Chia-hui
    John Liu
    Hwang Jang-lee
    Alexander Fu Sheng
    Chi Kuan-Chun
    Wang Lung-wei
    Ren Shi-guan (the villain of Fearless Hyena, The Master Strikes, and Once Upon a Time in China I);
    Sammo Hung
    Liang Jia-ren
    Billy Chong
    Ti Lung
    Last edited by Jimbo; 03-29-2006 at 10:57 PM.

Smile 99% chance my keyboard will break by the end of this.

Jimbo, you have made my day

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo
    Chang Shan has also been in the following movies I've seen:
    Of Cooks and Kung Fu;
    Seven Steps of Kung Fu;
    A Fistful of Talons (A bit part; too bad he didn't get to fight Billy Chong);
    have this though i like the craziness of kung fu zombie more, but I know the movie pretty well so if you can tell me about the 30 min time frame he is in.
    Ma Lu Xiao Ying Xiong (I don't know the English title, this was a late-'80s Taiwanese film directed by the Yuen Brothers);
    If you have this, tape it, record it on dvd, whatever, and I will send you a blnk check.
    5 Fighters from Shaolin (as a good guy).
    WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WWWHWHHWHHHHWHHWATWTTW
    I've also seen him in a few forgettable modern-day "ninja" films with Alexander Lo Rei.
    It says on imdb he died in 84, can you confirm this, and if so do you know anywhere I can get a bio on other than the 22 word wutang rappers bio.

Besides his kicks, Chang Shan performs very well at apparently southern-style hand techniques, often using more hands than feet in his films! Very versatile performer.
    i don't know if he is using the right form or anything, but he is my favorite in fist techniques,no doubt. And his kicks are ina class fo their own, he couldn't paint the ceiling with his right leg like liu but has the most power I have ever seen in those things. The only thing I could compare it with that is a passion of mine is Dominique Wilkins.

Billy Chow was a world-class kickboxer in the now-defunct World Karate Association in the '80s.
    This guy is just the man

My fave stars include:
    Gordon Liu Chia-hui
    John Liu
    Hwang Jang-lee
    scariest guy good or bad I have ever seen
    Alexander Fu Sheng
    Chi Kuan-Chun-?
    Wang Lung-wei
    I love Johhny wang
    Ren Shi-guan (the villain of Fearless Hyena, The Master Strikes, and Once Upon a Time in China I);
    I know this guy as yen shi kwan and have seen him in some REALLY bad stuff, but you tell me a guy who looks more badass than he did in OUATIC and killer wears white(thanks again for giving me the right name to this)

Sammo Hung
    I hate fat guys who have mobility, ah I'm just jealous
    Liang Jia-ren
    Billy Chong
    Not highly recognized, glad to see him on there
    Ti Lung

My favs-Hwang Lee
    Bruce
    jet
    donnie
    jack long
    chang shan
    Chen Kwan Tai
    Yen shi-kwan
    if you got a REAL list , I would love to see his movies
    MK
    John liu
    Don Wong
    Billy Chong
    Lu Feng
    Whang in-sik
    Jackie chan
    Li Li Li-she can fight, but that't not what I ever pay attention to
    Yusukai Kuratu-man do i know how to butcher names
    Norman chu and adam cheung-not my fav but they are when it comes to swordplay movies
    star of south shaolin master
    Phillip ko
    vincent zhao-dude form legend and new OUATIC
    Johhny Wang-this guy is involved in like half of the fights that ever took place on screen
    ronguang-iron monkey
    benny the jet, billy chow-was watching dragons forever the other day and these guys actually gave 2 scenes in a row.
    eagle han-that is if he was in anything that was not godfrey ho's
    CLIFF LOK

Thumbs up Jimbolia

I know I threw a lot at you there so take your time. But I highly appreciate you telling me abotu five fighters from shaolin. I am tryng to find a celestial of course but would be happy with like red sun or a 99 cent wu-tang version, but I will certainly post to tell my feeling on seeing the biggest badass play the good guy.

jethro:

In 5 Fighters from Shaolin, Chang Shan is one of about 5 good guys I think (I had seen a borrowed tape years ago), led by a Shaolin monk (Mark Long, a.k.a. Ghost-faced Killer). Chang is there minus the mustache. The lead villain is Jack Long. I can't help thinking this could have been a better film, though.

I saw Ma Lu Xiao Ying Xiong in Taiwan and never did own a tape of it; the hero was a young tomboy-like girl co-starring with Yuen Hsiang-yan (Yuan Wo-Ping's brother). The main villain was Ti Wei, and Chang Shan only had a bit part, wearing camo fatigues...!

Chi Kuan-Chun is most recognizable as the tall, lean-muscled Hung Gar stylist who was usually paired with Alexander Fu Sheng in the old Chang Cheh-directed Shaw Bros Shaolin films (5 Shaolin Masters, Shaolin Martial Arts, Men From the Monastery, Disciples of Shaolin, etc.).

Chang Shan appears in A Fistful of Talons starting in the beginning where Whang In-Sik and his men are throwing off their hats in a ceremony; he's one of Whang's men. He and another fighter end up getting killed off in a weapons fight by a river by a patriot played by Pai Ying.

jack freaking long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sworn brothers from shaolin strikes back team up again? Wow??????????????
    But jack long is the ONLY thing that was missing from that movie, so I am now going to order this right when I get a chance.

You say it could have been better, but I watched a pretty crappy movie called shaolin ex monk. And jack long had had 1 fight scene and it was with a pole and that movie has stuck with me forever. I certainly know ALL the names of the movies with him in it. Now I look back on ex-monk and love it, I pick something new up every time, it's stupid, but worth it for jack long.

Now since you seem to know your movies, I wanna throw a couple at you that are my favs to see if you wanna check your vid store or something, I give it a 2% chance any of these got past you though.

The iceman cometh
    Shaolin Prince AKA iron fingers of death
    incredible kungfu mission
    ninja in the dragon's den- you know conan is your favorite lee

ENJOY THOSE

The only one of those I haven't seen in the one with Prince in the title.

Saw Ninja in the Dragon's Den back in '82. Loved Hiroyuki Sanada as the co-star; this was his first of 2 Hong Kong films. He and Conan Lee team up on Hwang Jang-Lee at the end, if I remember correctly. You may remember Hiroyuki Sanada as the co-star of Ringu (original Japanese version of The Ring), Twilight Samurai, and the guy who kicks Tom Cruise's behind in The Last Samurai.

I also saw Iceman Cometh back in Taiwan. I think. Isn't that the one where Yuan Biao chases Yuen Wah from the Ming Dynasty to modern day?