Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Fight Scenes?

jackiech Guest

I think

I think that the best fight scene is Jackie Chan Vs Brad Allan in Gorgeous

cho Guest

Jackie vs Brad

I thought that was especially well done. The two weren't trying to kill each other, but just to make each other give up first.
    The rhythm and choreography was nice.

Wyvern_Beta Guest

Favorite Fight Scenes

Matrix: Neo (Keanu Reeves) vs. Agent Smith
    Neo vs. Morpheus

Final Fantasy 8 introduction movie:

Squall vs. Seifer with Gunblades (I know it was only computer generated)

Invincible Armor: The last fight in the movie

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon:

Where the two women fight in the weapon hall (I don't remember their names, but if you have seen the movie, it is in the room where one of the women used every weapon in the room against the woman armed with the Green Destiny)

HuangKaiVun Guest
    At the beginning of that Bruce Lee dramatization featuring Ho Chung Tao, Yip Chun plays his father.

They practice using traditional chi sao.

In "Tiger Claws", Bolo Yeung defeats his sifu in a contest of seated pushing hands - truly a terrifying demonstration of kung fu.

jackiech Guest

Thease are good.

Jackie Chan Vs. Brad Allan in Gorgeous
    Jackie Chan Vs. Hwang In-Sik in young master
    Jackie Chan vs. Ken Lo in Drunken Master II
    Neo vs. Morpheus in Matrix
    Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris in fist of fury
    Final fight of OUATIC

HitWah Guest

Best Fight Scenes

Iron Monkey - Wong Kay Ying(DonnieYen) vs. the 4 Shaolin Monks. Also, the WongKY vs. IronM roof top fight.

Roadhouse - While not a traditional KF flick it has some great fight scenes.

Phantom Menace - Darth Maul vs. Obi Wan & Quai Gon

Jimbo Guest
    Death-Duel of Kung-Fu has several cool fight scenes involving John Liu, Wang Tao, Han Ying, and the "elite guards." (An unintentionally funny thing in this movie is that several times the fighters face each other in on guard positions from 30 feet away!).

Operation Scorpio: Liu Chia-Liang (Lau Ka-Leung) fights the "Scorpion" stylist, using his "no-shadow kick" against the Scorpion guy's (Taekwondo) kicks.

Tang Wei vs. Ren Shi-Guan at the end of The Killer Wears White. This is a particularly brutal fight, with Tang Wei in handcuffs half the time.
    Jim

best fights

Young master-last fight, bench fight, pipe fight, sword fight against the 9 tough cops, escaped whan-in sik, hell watch-em all.

Drunken Master-pre final fight, same with snake in eagles shadow

Iron monkey-iron monkey vs. Donnie Yen, kid naming his techniques

Any from Shoalin vs. Lama

Chinese Boxer-surgical mask scene

7 grandmasters- one of the longs against corey yuen(weapons fig

Ong-Bak-jaa vs. Maddog-Oh god its mad dog

Fist of legend-jet li against the whole school, and every other fight scene

The sword-best sword fight ever(or maybe just my fav)

wheels on meals- uh yeah that one

Once upon- Li and kwan pre final fight, and final fight(laddr fight)

how could I forget

the best fight scene ever is gordon liu vs. johnny wang from return to the 36th chamber.
    1st half with liu against everyone with the sweet tea benches would be the part I would consider the best, then Wang and Liu is great also.

Blog Entries
    --Chen Sing vs. gorillas wearing kung-fu shoes in Bruce Li The Invincible pwn3d!!
    --Carter Wong in Born Invincible whenever he draws the 8 trigrams symbol with his foot around his opponents.
    --Lo Lieh when battling Bruce Li in Chinese Connection II.
    --Leung Kar Yan vs. Yasuaki Kurata in Legend of a Fighter
    --Samo Hung vs. Fung Hark On in Magnificent Butcher
    --Kwan Tak Hing vs. Fung Hark On in Dreadnaught.
    --Phillip Ko vs. anyone
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

End Fight: Fist of Legend
    Jet vs. Donnie in Hero
    The raised platform Lei Tai fight between Jet and the Hung Gar guy in Fearless
    The tea house sabre fight in Fearless
    Basically every fight in Tai Chi Master / Twin Warriors

End Fight: House of Flying Daggers

The Magnificent Butcher fight mentioned earlier
    The Machette fight in Dragon Squad

The baton vs knife fight in SPL

Anything where Bolo is the bad guy... Especially when he fights Jalal Merhi - oh the camp! Oh the low budgets!
    Last edited by SimonM; 02-21-2006 at 03:53 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Here's what comes to mind so far

The Hot The Cool and The Vicious...the final fight scene-Wong Tao,Tan Tao Liang v.s. Tommy Lee

Kid With a Golden Arm...the fight scene when Chiang Shiang(Little Axe) and
    Lu Feng(Silver Spear) end up killing each other

Kid With a Golden Arm...Lo Mang v.s. Wei Pai ...Lo Mang talks sh*t to Wei Pai
    after he disarms him

Fist of the White Lotus...the begining fight scene

The Victim...Chang Yi v.s. Leung Kar Yan

Baby Cart at The River Styx...Ogami Itto's final battle with the Gods of Death

The Image of Bruce Lee....Bruce Li v.s. Chang Wu Lang and two of his thugs

Executioner From Shaolin...Liu Chia-Hui fight to the death with the mancu troops
    and Chan Kuan-Tai final battle with Bei Mei

Death Dual of Kung Fu...Wong Tao,John Liu v.s. Han Ying

That's all that come to mind for now...some of you guys
    mention Pedicab Driver..was it really a good movie...if so
    I'm gonna stop passing it up and buy it
    If life isn't fair...than why should i be

Talking

Death-Duel of Kung-Fu has several cool fight scenes involving John Liu, Wang Tao, Han Ying, and the "elite guards." (An unintentionally funny thing in this movie is that several times the fighters face each other in on guard positions from 30 feet away!).

Operation Scorpio: Liu Chia-Liang (Lau Ka-Leung) fights the "Scorpion" stylist, using his "no-shadow kick" against the Scorpion guy's (Taekwondo) kicks.

Tang Wei vs. Ren Shi-Guan at the end of The Killer Wears White. This is a particularly brutal fight, with Tang Wei in handcuffs half the time.
    Jim

Who the hell are you jimbo, post again man, nobody else cares, but you have answered a question I posed a long time ago, has anybody else seen shadow ninja? But now I can post if anyone has seen killer wears white because your 3rd scene there is EASILY one of the greatest fight ever, let's just say that they are not not trying to hit eachother. It will seriously leave you breathless.

And I will certainly buy Operation scorpio based off of your opinion.

THANK YOU
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

jethro:

Let's just say that back in the '80s I had a lot of time and opportunity to watch a LOT of old-school KF films. (certainly a lot of which probably nobody but a hard-core fanatic would know or care about).

Recently saw for 1st time Showdown at the Cotton Mill starring Chi Kuan-Chun and Tan Tao-liang as the villain. I must say, the final fight between these two is the best southern hands vs. northern kicks fight scene I've ever seen filmed, IMO. Tan Tao-liang is of course the awesome superkicker, like John Liu (he taught Liu TKD). Tan usually played a hero, but seems more at home playing a bad guy, like in this film and in The Blooded Treasury Fight; he has much more of an edge to his persona as a villain.
    Oddly enough, I had forgotten about this thread...it's been years, I've only logged back on here recently.

Right now I'm really into Hwang Jang Lee Vs Jackie Chan in the original Drunken Master.
    "Let your rapidity be that of the wind, your compactness that of the forest.
    In raiding and plundering be like fire, in immovability like a mountain.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu