Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan Orr Sifu wins NHB bout

Alan Orr Sifu wins NHB bout

Hello guys...

My sifu Alan Orr competed in an amateur NHB bout at the weekend and won in under 2 minutes....it was great to see him action and putting our system to the test in a more stressful environment than a lot of people put themselves in...it is rare for a teacher/sifu to put themselves under this kind of pressure and id like to thank him for leading the way in showing myself and our other guys who fight, the right path.

I will post a clip as soon as possible, but he controlled the standup, dominating and driving the guy back with a flurry of punches, leading to a knee strike, to a standing guilltoine...the guy tried to sit out, sifu controlled and got knee on the belly...landed some strikes, the guy gave him the arm...finsihed with an armbar....calm and controlled and beautifully executed.

3 of us are fighting this weekend at Pride & Glory in the UK...2 of us in amateur bouts and Neil who is fighting his first pro fight..i will let you know how the Iron Wolves do...

best

aaron

Quote Originally Posted by aaron baum
    Hello guys...

My sifu Alan Orr competed in an amateur NHB bout at the weekend and won in under 2 minutes....it was great to see him action and putting our system to the test in a more stressful environment than a lot of people put themselves in...it is rare for a teacher/sifu to put themselves under this kind of pressure and id like to thank him for leading the way in showing myself and our other guys who fight, the right path.

I will post a clip as soon as possible, but he controlled the standup, dominating and driving the guy back with a flurry of punches, leading to a knee strike, to a standing guilltoine...the guy tried to sit out, sifu controlled and got knee on the belly...landed some strikes, the guy gave him the arm...finsihed with an armbar....calm and controlled and beautifully executed.

3 of us are fighting this weekend at Pride & Glory in the UK...2 of us in amateur bouts and Neil who is fighting his first pro fight..i will let you know how the Iron Wolves do...

best

aaron
    Congrats!!! Good to hear.

Good Job

Thats great!

Did he use any wing chun techniques? What I mean is if I were to watch the fight would I be able to recognise wing chun? (straight punches etc.) Or did he use his other skills?

W

Nice job, Alan...post those clips soon. Did this tournament allow head/face punches (I ask because the last time we heard from one of Alan's guys about an nhb tournament - there were no headshots allowed. Just curious.)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron baum
    Hello guys...

best

aaron
    Congrats!!!

...but I thought that Kung-Fu Sifu's don't fight?!?

The best to your group,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Good stuff! Congrats.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Good to hear. Please tell more.
    Sifu Adam Williss
    The Dragon Institute
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/orangecountywingchunkungfu

Any word on that Clip?
    "Beware of entrance to a quarrel, but being in, bear't that the opposed may beware of thee."-William Shakespeare

Hi Guys

Thanks very much.

The clips of my fight plus new clips of my guys fighting will be up in the next week.

My best

Alan

Congrats. Look forward to the clips.

nice 1 alan

nice 1 alan.

which comp was it?
    And what's in the future? any of your lot going onto cagewars etc?
    Cheers.
    Goosey

cheers gooseman...

3 of us fought at Pride and Glory on the 4th march...2 of us amateur, both winning in the first round and Neil who fought his pro debut...he unfortunately injured his knee in the 1st round which was a shame but his opponent has agreed a rematch so we will see him back soon...

myself and Pete Irving who fought Paul Jenkins at P&G will be fighting pro in LA in June on one of Eddy Millis's shows so things are moving forward....any more info go to www.alanorr.com

regards and all the best

aaron

try and get into some of the UK Pro shows, they need your support, dont take your talent out of the country.
    Goosey

you have a point gooseman...if neil hadnt injured himself he would have fought again in the UK before June...it just so happens that we are training in LA with Eddy Millis and he had a show arranged so we thought lets go and bigup the UK at the same time...

keep your eyes peeled for Neil (Broadbent)...he may be my kungfu brother so it may seem like favouritism but the boy is a monster and i really do think we will be seeing him in Cage Rage etc very soon....

cheers for your comments

aaron