Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Energy Gates & Other Bruce Franztis Methods

M. Rottman?

My Grand Master was the one in Vancouver, and his friend was also studying with Wang Shu-jin at the time.
    Thank you for the clarification.

Wow
    So Kumar is the only person who've been kicked out of both Wang Shu-Jin's and Hung I-Shiang's school.
    That's about all I need to know about him.
    No brag, just fact.

Hmmm

I didn't know about Kumar's departure from Hung I-Shiang's school.
    Whats the story on that one?
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

All I know is from a letter that Hung I-Shiang had printed in an issue of Inside Kung-Fu. He stated that he was upset that Kumar was going around claiming to be a student of Hung's. Hung wrote that Kumar was not a student of his, in fact Hung had kicked him out of his school after a few months because his 'attitude' was not right.
    I've got that issue around somewhere.
    No brag, just fact.

This letter was politically motivated. Remember Kumar had the bad grace to mention James MacNeil's teacher by name (the nine little heaven guy) by saying that hanging weights from your balls might not be the best practice. MacNeil became upset and told his teacher. His teacher (who was "connected") had Hong write the letter. This doesn't make the rest of the story untrue however. I had the good fortune to meet Kumar when he was still teaching mostly martial art guys and not the current crop of folks wanting to glow in the dark. The neigong training back then, although relaxed, was quite...strenuous. Made for some interesting and profound effects.

I have worked out with some of kumar's students in the past, a lot of external movements with no substance and they were supposed to be senior students.

I met one guy with over 20 years with Kumar, not much application of internal, he had moved on from kumar.

I have read some of his books, most were just repeating stuff written everwhere else, no insite on his part to show that he had something.

I know some people that went to his workshops lately, they said it was entertaining, might not of learned anything, and would probably not go again.

I have listened to some interviews and seen some of his you tube demos. I think he has been around a long time and can fight up a storm, but he is big and moves a lot, not really what I would call a real effiecent demo of martial Arts, more like a lot of throwing around his weight. If he wasn't twice the size of his opponets I don't think some of his stuff would work very well. So he needs to find people twice his size to demo on.

I also find most of the time he is always talking about himself and where he has been and bla, bla, bla. Who cares, can you teach something that someone would find useful and still have money left to retire on. Enough with the name dropping, it doesn't matter, can you tell people what they need to do to get from point A to point B, and leave out the BS.

I listened to one interview and all he would say was that in china a master is this and that, and they all said he was the master bla, bla ,bla, maybe they just wanted him to go away. When people don't want you around they will tell you anything to get rid of you. Oh ya, you are the best, you don't need any lessons, you are already a master.

I did find part of his book on tai chi had some good points about standing meditation.

Anyway just my insite, on why a lot of people don't have good things to say about Kumar.