Page 36 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Chan Tai San stories

acting like lama? A bug?
    The point of my post is that cjurakpt apparently doesn’t use these two techniques in anything other than in forms or on complying people who are standing like rag dolls. If he was actually attempting to use these techniques against resisting opponents who are halfway skilled, he would know that they don’t work. Any high school kid who has wrestled for six months knows that the "ulnar nerve pressure point" crap is pretty much useless.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 06-13-2005 at 05:38 PM.

Thats not a why, df.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter
    The point of my post is that cjurakpt apparently doesn’t use these two techniques in anything other than in forms or on complying people who are standing like rag dolls. If he was actually attempting to use these techniques against resisting opponents who are halfway skilled, he would know that they don’t work. Any high school kid who has wrestled for six months knows that the "ulnar nerve pressure point" crap is pretty much useless.
    Doesn't this contradict your previous position?

Quote Originally Posted by gabe
    How much are you really resisting if nobody ever gets hurt?
    If he resists to some degree, he will get hurt. Pain is the only thing a resisting fighter respects. Unless you're in the movies,
    you can't conduct your actions half a$$ and expect your lock to work. Funny how your arguments against traditional kung fu
    don't apply to you.
    You must not do joint locks in sparring or in competitions. If you did, you would know that, while injuries do occur, anyone past the very novice level learns to tap before the injury occurs. Competitors resist full force until right before the joint is locked out. If this wasn’t the case, submission competitors would be injured all the time.

Well, maybe the locks I'm thinking about are against your rules.
    When I roll, any lock is allowed.

knifefighter (lord, I giggle typing that, how many knife fights have you actually had? duh) you're ducking and weaving a lot so maybe you're really a boxer. We both know there are LOT of injuries in BJJ, and it isn't as simple as "tap and no injury". If it was, there wouldn't be all the injuries that do exist in the real world of BJJ, not your fantasy land

But furthermore, you are once again demonstrating your lack of appreciation for techniques that do not happen to fit into your training or experience

There are in fact locks and joint attacks that do not give you time to tap. If you say all locks are legal, can I hold your ankle, drop my knee down above your knee with all my weight, in one big jump? You'd probably call me crazy.

And, AGAIN, Chan Tai San didn't have "sparring" stories, he had WAR STORIES... against guys with knives and GUNS, on battlefields, against organizaed crime people, etc... I'll take his word over years ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, 4 weeks a month, 12 months a year.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel
    Thats not a why
    The ulnar nerve, or "funny bone", is like most other pressure point techniques. It is very hard to access to the point that it has any effect on an opponent who is resisting and moving around. It is usually only vulnerable when the arm is relaxed. That is why it feels so painful when an instructor applies it on a relaxed, complying student. It is also why you will only hurt your "funny bone" when your arm is relaxed and bangs into something.

If this technique really worked, you would see it used extensively in wrestling, BJJ, Sambo, judo, and MMA competitions. It would be a great way to control your opponent.

Doesn't this contradict your previous position?
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    We both know there are LOT of injuries in BJJ, and it isn't as simple as "tap and no injury". If it was, there wouldn't be all the injuries that do exist in the real world of BJJ, not your fantasy land
    Of course injuries occur. That wasn’t my point. The point is that it is irresponsible for instructors to be inflicting paint when they are teaching joint lock techniques to their students.

If you say all locks are legal, can I hold your ankle,
    drop my knee down above your knee with all my weight, in one big jump?
    Absolutely… It you can get my ankle in the position to hold it and then drop your knee down on my leg. A flying knee bar would be much more likely to actually be effective, though.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 06-13-2005 at 06:49 PM.

KNIFE FIGHTER!!!!

What part of my post didn't you understand, this thread is for those honoring a lost family member, NOT for you to argue your inane nonsense, start your own thread for God's sake!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I mean really, I'm probably the biggest moron here, and even *I* know to shut up when the big boys talk.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

RD:
    I have nothing about which to start a new thread. My posts are merely responses to others' posts directed towards me.

The appropriate response would be to state your real name and
    experiences. All the poop talking was fun back here in the mid
    to late 90's, but now? I think it's entirely appropriate, when in serious discourse,
    that you state where you're coming from and who you are.

Is that asking too much?
    I don't understand why you are hesitant to do this?

If you don't have anything to hide? Then do it.

Ulnar nerve diagram entrapment

You are being WAY too simplistic. A grab to the ulnar nerve is just a part of a greater whole. Nobody is just going to stand there and wrestle one point with one hand. You have a poor imagination if that is what you think.

Knife fighters name is Evans Furter

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt
    "And have never trained lower traps at all
    How are you diagnosing this?

that's why I believe that a lot of people who are on conditioning programs maybe shouldn't be, because
    these eventually precipitate the symptoms that I see and treat;
    And what do you recommend these patients do?

I guess that all those years with Dave Ross doing
    close-range full-contact sparring without rules and pads were a fantasy
    It’s pretty obvious that Seafood Ross doesn’t have much in the way of applicable joint lock knowledge.

15. is this the white haired devil?

http://www.taiyimkungfu.com/System.php

nothing about him in his biography makes him out to be some sort of a killer or mean guy. Also if lama kung fu was so effective why dont yous ee any of those traditional techniques applied in free fighting or san shou? and what made you switch to san shou if it was so effective?

also about growing up ina different time and place I dont think that has anything to do with your martial art abilities, plenty people that dont even trained have a natural killer instinct and can fight really well plus places like in some prisons, slums, and wars have this kind of envioerment like you described your sifu lvied in so by saying just because you grew up in a different evioerment you cant become as good as him is an excuse.
    Last edited by Reign-Of-Terror; 06-14-2005 at 03:06 AM.