Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wah Lum Kung Fu 35th Anniversary Celebration

Wah Lum Kung Fu 35th Anniversary Celebration

Hi all,

Wah Lum Kung Fu is celebrating its 35th Anniversary on April 30, 2005, with a Masters Demonstration at the John Hanc0ck Hall Auditorium in Boston. In addition to performances by Wah Lum sifus from around the country, several special guests will be featured.

Find out more here: www.bostonwahlum.com or here: www.wahlumpai.us

Peace,

SaMantis
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

Thumbs up

Congrats to Pui Chan and all of his students! 35 years is quite an accomplishment.

Cheers
    Jake Burroughs
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

I was actually looking for the ticket's yesterday in gin soon tai chi and bow sim mark and they said you guys didn't pass them out yet. When will it be availble?

Hi SD,

Hold tight -- I'll ask Sifu Rosen today and get back with details.
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

Congradulations! on 35 years I am proud to have met with master Pui Chan when visitng in orlando. I told him of my shrfu and he was very polite and took time to show me around the temple on Goldenrod rd.
    My hat goes off to your organization for such a respectful and rewarding light you have shed in the mantis community.
    be well
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

35th

Hi Sam!

I'll be heading into Chinatown tonight to practice one of the demos. I'm surprised Sifu asked me back after my little "incident" at the 33rd Anniversary demo...

)))SS(((

LOL! Well the important thing is, nobody was killed, and plastic surgery pretty much fixed the rest ...

Besides, if anyone in the audience had any doubts that the weapons on stage were real, and real dangerous, you wiped those thoughts away!

Congratulations to Chan Pui and Wah Lum for 35 years. This organization has certainly put out some quality students and top notch Teachers. I hope your Anniversary Celebration is a major success.

Quote Originally Posted by SaMantis
    LOL! Well the important thing is, nobody was killed, and plastic surgery pretty much fixed the rest ...

Besides, if anyone in the audience had any doubts that the weapons on stage were real, and real dangerous, you wiped those thoughts away!

Congratulations to Wah Lum. I've had the pleasure to meet some of their students over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. It's gonna be a great event, so if you're in the area on April 30, please consider going to it.

Shaolin Dude, tickets are now at Chinese Wushu Research Institute (Bo Sim Mark) and Gin Soon Tai Chi. And of course you can always stop by Wah Lum to purchase them!

oh cool. I actually need to observe a class anyways.

ttt

just to keep it up where folks can see it.
    and also,

/jedi mind trick

You feel strangely compelled to buy tickets ... you must go to this show ... resistance is useless ....

/end jedi mind trick

the show was awesome. especially the 2nd half. congrats to chan pui and wah lum for an awesome performance.
    Last edited by Shaolin Dude; 10-29-2005 at 04:53 AM.

Congratulations Wah Lum! The show was excellent. thank you for the warm welcome. Grand master Pui Chan is truly a living legend. I hope Sifu Rosen is getting some well deserved rest. Nice to finally meet you SaMantis.

Take care
    Tailik (Derek)

Thumbs up Congrats to Wah Lum

I was there on Saturday, great event!

If I had seen this post in advance and knew some KFM folks were there, I would have tried to meet some of you to say hi. Some other time.

Congrats to the Wah Lum school!