Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Choy Lay Fut in Austin, TX

Ok... I was gonna play with you to show your ignorance, but by **** you've stepped up to the plate & handled that by yourself...

Mo Lung... please continue as you see fit... this doofus is probably a jaded ex-Wah Lum student that's out to pick bones.

Oh I'd watch throwing names around dude... some people really don't take kindly to being bandied about in conversations & discussions which don't involve them.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

YuanZhideDiZhen
    "in my edjucation clf is a principle applied to forms and techniques and not a style per se."

I think someone has sold you a bill of goods. You've been hoodwinked. Your info goes against the known knowledge of many CLF masters and students.

Wah Lum does not practice CLF principles. Master Chan Pui has never spoke of any challenge either lost, won or a draw and I've never heard of any rumors of such.

I suggest you offer up some evidence of your claims or go back to your sources and ask why they lied to you. Seriously, you're way out there dude.

Dancing Art not Martial Art

I have it on good authority that Chinese Kung Fu is actually a Dancing Art, not a Martial Art.

What happened is that one day Damo jumped into a Shaolin mosh pit to bust a few dance moves and a couple of monks were injured. Through word of mouth the story changed and the Shaolin monks became known as fierce fighters when in fact they were fierce dancers.

One time a young monk gave Damo a black eye but when confronted about the incident Damo replied "No he didn't, I bumped my head on the front door of the Temple!".

All in fun dude, I couldn't resist.

Aside from rhetoric, what arts do you girls practice?

Why don't you find some other clf instructors that *KNOW* why Iyip's practice went into decline and why chan went from Iyip's clf principle foundation to wingchun principle foundation?

traditional chinese know about this. if you weren't trained by someone who knows then you simply weren't trained well or don't know a thing about chinese rivalries. Chan does btw claim title to clf as "gm" even though his system is wc based. this also is because of something you need to research thuroughly before responding to or you will prove yourself a buffoon.

perhaps you don't interact with cma's at all and only hope to learn something by being stubborn. some students try that but it doesn't work except on babysitters. so go research.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 02-10-2005 at 12:30 AM.

**** your stupid...

I'm gonna type this s-l-o-w-l-y so all the words will sink in at once. If I could draw pictures to help, I would.

Choy Lee Fut is not a principle. It's a style.

Wah Lum Mantis is not a principle. It's a style.

Wing Chun has nothing to do with either.

All those three have in common is that they're all 3 from Southern China, from the same region of Southern China & people from all 3 have probably fought each either at one time or another.

You really need to seek professional help for that paint sniffing problem of yours. It's causing you to hallucinate.

As far as what I practice, read the bio... read my other posts... read the Dec/Jan issue of Kung Fu Magazing (shameless plug).

Otherwise... shut the **** up. You're an oxygen thief stealing from the rest of us.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

YuanZhideDiZhen
    Aside from rhetoric, I train in Wah Lum Kung Fu. My Sifu is Master Chan Pui. But what do I know.

So, who is your teacher?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and not just assume you're a troll. Choy Li fut is a fully developed system with forms, weapons and dummies, entirely separate from any other style. I've studied CLF for a decade now, and have studied chan, Jeong Hung Sing and Bak Sing, and none bear any relation to Wah Lum (which is younger anyway), wing chun or Hung Fut (which is again younger).
    Anyone who broke Yip Man's leg is either dead or beat up an old man
    Sean, Wing Chun is from Fujian, not Guandong.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Ben... I'm aware.