Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tsunami mocking

Tsunami mocking

since most of you are asianphiles
    maybe you are aware of this :

January 21, 2005
    Racist Hot 97 Skit Mocking Tsunami Victims
    For the last week Hot 97 has been running a hideously unfunny and offensive skit named "Tsunami Song," that ridicules the victims of the Tsunami as "ch*nks" whose children will now be sold into child slavery. It's being played on the station's morning show, hosted by Miss Jones.

It's also featured on their website, on the right side of the page.

EDIT: the mp3 link is not working from their site anymore, but they're not gonna cover this up that easily. The fine citizens at okayplayer.com saved a copy here for evidence. Also check their discussion of the song here and here

You may know that one of that show's other hosts, Miss Info, is Asian. She voiced her displeasure with the skit and got into a heated on-air argument with Miss Jones about it. But so far Hot 97 hasn't acknowledged that there's anything wrong with it, and they continue to air it everyday.

As a New Yorker, as a radio person, and as a hip-hop fan I am ashamed and disgusted that Hot 97 is allowing this to broadcast on their airwaves. If you feel the same way you can let them know here:

HOT 97
    395 Hudson St. 7th Fl.
    New York, NY 10014

(212) 229-9797

hot97@hot97.com
    If a pipe hits you and no one is around, would you make a sound?

[hot 97]well if those people learned how to swim maybe we wouldnt have so many deaths.[/hot 97]

im kidding, that was uncalled for.

oh repost man, do a search on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

out of curiousity whats your ethnic background shaolin?

this may be a repost too...

The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

Originally posted by Face2Fist
    out of curiousity whats your ethnic background shaolin?
    i was joking man. i sometimes like to cross that line though.

im 50% german, the rest is polish and danish mix. why?
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

im 50% german, the rest is polish and danish mix. why? [/B][/QUOTE]

i m sorry to hear that!
    hehehehe
    joke

Originally posted by Face2Fist
    im 50% german, the rest is polish and danish mix. why?
    i m sorry to hear that!
    hehehehe
    joke [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL

i was joking about the comment. i think you see that. i feel very bad what happened over there.

**ucking rediculous
    http://www.newsday.com/news/nationw...0,4503838.story
    suspended only ! they should be fired, then drawn and quartered then their family should eat their remains

There's shock value and then theres just stupid mother**uckers. Over 200,000 people have died and the numbers are still climbing ! and these iidiots can't find anything better to do!?
    you rockin loud but you ain't sayin nothin

This kind of cr@p is the reason why the rest of the world hates america. Those of us that put out that evil vibe should all be delt with in a communist fashion.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Re: Black Humor

Originally posted by wolfen
    I haven't seen it and wont bother but my POV on Black humor is that those who can enjoy it are the better developed human being.
    And probably more capable of genuine compassion as opposed to stand-offish sympathy. Very much like the distinction between the low level of guilt reactions versus the high level of shame reations to an event.
    Those who can enjoy Black Humor are usually deeper and more affected by the pain, whatever pain.
    The naysayers are the emotionally distant ones who get involved but not fully down to the gritty. They like images and concepts as barriers to reality of direct knowing.

wtf? black humor!! HA!
    let me see, hmmmm! black humor, huh! ok, so its fine for me to make jokes about the millions of slaves that died on their way from africa or how ethopian children were dying in the 80s. because i feel their pain and am genuinely compassion about their struggle and misfortune.

sh*t! i can make joke about MLK getting shot! its the same as the tsunami.. the big uproar wasnt the many deaths, but the racist comments made syaing ch*nk and chinaman!! in case you didnt know, its lie saying n*gger! but hey its all in good fun right?

Wolfen, you're way off the mark.

Morbid humor can be therapeutic to those who are immersed in horrible situations - police, people who work in morgues, firemen, EMTs, soldiers. They joke to maintain thier sanity. They joke amongst themselves and know why they do it.

People who sit fat and rich in radio stations and make money off of the death of thousands of innocent people are the opposite of compassionate. It's evil.

This is money grubbing at it's worst and is inexcusable.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

I agree with ming yue 100%
    it's not like people weren't telling them it's insensitive,
    they just didn't care.

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    I agree with ming yue 100%
    it's not like people weren't telling them it's insensitive,
    they just didn't care.
    Dito and Roger that. Some people like to live in a world where the only thing that really counts is what is directly effecting them, these radio broadcasters are just such people. Idiots, the whole lot of them that condone such behavior. I seriously hope that there are some severe authorative reactions to what these individuals passed as entertainment humor. It is discusting.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Yeah I agree with Ming Yue.
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

I heard the clip... its not humorous in the least, I mean i've heard politically incorrect jokes that are funny and you feel guilty laughing at them. This one was just stupid.
    At the start of the clip i heard one of the dj's who is part-asian made a point of the fact that she didn't participate in making the song because she thought it was offensive and one of the other ones cracked the ****s at her. I'll try to find the link.
    The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity