Thread: Hangovers

Hangovers

Since New Years is coming it might be good to have an arsenal of TCM at hand.

What do you all do when you have hangovers?

Or, you all know what the the people in TMC say "prevention is better than a cure".

So better yet, how do some of you prevent a hangover.

I just got one and I didnt drink much but I drank alot of water. I didnt throw up but I still felt sick all night.

Thanks in advance.
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."
    -Dave Chappelle on Tyrone Biggums

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator

The way I avoid hangovers is to stop drinking three or four hours before I intend on going to sleep... I drink a liter of water when done with the alcohol, eat some protein an hour or two later, take a walk, and drink some more water. THEN I'll go to bed. Works everytime.

Also, keg beer is the best thing to drink. Canned and bottled beer have formaldehyde and other nasty preservatives that encourage hangovers. If you're into hard stuff, don't drink mixers or chase with sugary liquids. Drink hard stuff with water. If you drink too much wine, there's no way to avoid hangovers.

Hmmm

Also to take some vitamin B tablets too, to ease your way back into normality, or some Milkweed extract to sooth the stomach.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Thanks...a bit late.

I had like 5 huge shots and 2 and half bottle beers.

Threw up too...Wouldnt that Chaser pill work?
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."
    -Dave Chappelle on Tyrone Biggums

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator