Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mantis Applications...lets talk

stikes to the eyes

I was told by Hu Xi Lin, PM strikes to the eyes and kicks to the center of the universe. He is not the only PM Master to tell me this. And for the curious, center on the universe?! Your stones.

hey german bai lung
    you're lee kam lineage like me yea?
    i saw you vid of bung bo kuen - v nice mate. Ive been using it to study the finer details of doing the form with speed. My sifu says that its gonna be done in 15 seconds when im at full speed. Have you clocked yourself at all? how did you develop your speed?

craig

Whitemonkey:

in addition to the aplications you listed in your original post, my family likes to play so that, after pulling the opponent's right wrist for the left punch to the face, we continue to hold on to the opponents right wrist also, so that, as we crash down with the elbow to whatever target is available, we create a cross-arm trap at the elbows of the opponent (his left arm under his right) using his own right arm to injure his left elbow or throw him to the ground. you get great leverage and you can still use the elbow to smash over top as everything else is happening. of course, you can trap his legs with yours if you want but it isn't usually necessary at that point.

just a thought : )

sincerely,
    neil

Clocked?

Hi Monkeyfoot,

clocked myself? Why?
    To become faster in your forms: practise them, 1000 times are not enough!
    If you can´t change the world - change yourself!
    And if you can´t change yourself: change YOUR world!
    ---
    My YouTube Site

Hi Craig,

No disrespect to you or your Sifu but I don't think anyone could do bung bo properly in 15 seconds. I think 40-45 second is fast. Si-gung Lee said under a minute.

The difficulty I have is that if you focus just on speed you will loose structure, energy/Jing and it visually looks a little nicer when you have a couple of slight pauses.

Paul

no disrespect taken paul im open minded to all comments. I did think the same thing actually although i have seen a few of our higher practioners do the form at that speed and yet retain correct footwork and posture.

but yes i definatly agree that it is very hard to maintain correctness if you try to concentrate on speed.

Paul can you explain Jing to me? Its not the same as Chi is it? I also heard that we only have a limited supply of it or something. Enlighten me.

Hello monkeyfoot,
    Im not sure if this will answer your question but here is a link about jing.....

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...&threadid=8637

Hope it helps a little,
    ~Pest
    "No ones taller then the last man standing"
    I-Ninja