Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: will violence result in another rapper dead?

someone to stop the bullets.....

Originally posted by rogue
    I'd go with stupidty, false self importance and the glorification of being a complete and total self destructive moron. 99.9% of that scene just disgusts me.

As opposed to 99.9% of the MA scene with stupidity, false self importance & the like? And nobody in the MA scene actually ever fights, ironically.

unless you count Bozetep & Chueng...

i mean it all depends on what your vantage point is man....You & most ppl are on the outside looking in when in comes to hip hop culture, the same as others & MA...just hip hop gets more TV time of late

Shug getting capped would be a long time coming.

And they SHOULD have knocked the ISHT outta Dre. He's a B!tch
    ...he smacks up some chick cuz she says something about his music he didn't like...but i don't recall him EVER stepping to ANY MAN who's said something similar.
    In mildness is the strength of steel

here's the vid
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/111...be_awards.html

I feel embarresed for Quincy who's on the stage. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Snoop or Dre.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

i mean it all depends on what your vantage point is man....
    not really. We weren't discussing this sort of behaviour in general, we were talking about this sort of behaviour in a certain slice of the population, in this case the Rap/hip hop/R&B crowd. This sort of behaviour, from anyone is just pathetic, but in some cultures or sub cultures it's more apt to happen, usually due to ignorance and machismo.

i mean it all depends on what your vantage point is man....You & most ppl are on the outside looking in when in comes to hip hop culture, the same as others & MA...just hip hop gets more TV time of late
    Hey, I wasn't always this old. I do get the hip hop culture because there really isn't one anymore. It's a bunch of people getting suckered by marketing and crooked record companies. Some of the talent gets that, most don't. Like the hippies, punks, metal heads and any other group that gets big enough to squeeze a buck out of. Same as it ever was.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

yea...i dont even listen to hip hop anymore. i liiive in the middle of brooklyn. i grew up on the stuff up to a few years ago. but it isn't even about the music anymore, since probably the mid 90's and the quality shows it.... the "ice age" as they call it got old before it even started. frankly im tired of them flaunting their non existant wealth at me.... rented jewelry....rented cars..... video hoochies..... how many people u can kill in 16 bars.... blah blah blah. can hip hop videos be anymore uncreative? with no sound i can't even tell whos who anymore. and the poor kids get brainwashed with this garbage day in and day out..... **** those rappers! im worried about my neices and nephews being influenced by the trash they make. you wont hear any real hip hop on mtv any time soon.... cuz it dont sell. even my friends who are hardcore rap fans make fun of the stuff out nowadays.... little kids i know tell me they dont like "that" stuff. i think or i hope people are finally waking up. my lil nephew made me burn a meshuggah cd for him......sniff* sniff*....proudest moment of my life....

Rogue:

you don't really 'get it'...you 'get' what's happened to hip hop. You're dead on point about that. It's been commodified. Like you said, that happens to everything at some point....but that's not 'getting' hip hop culture. What you see portrayed on TV by the media is not close to being accurate.

Red:
    like you said ignorance & machismo(like i pointed out) is prevalent in every culture. It DOES depend on your vantage point, seeing as how it will effect on how/why things turn out the way they do or are handled the way they are. I'm not saying what happened was the acceptable time & place to handle that, but it happened. And people are quick to jump to conclusions without knowing what's really going on.

And yes, you're BOTH on the outside looking in. In no way shape or form are you involved or does hip hop effect your life. It's not something to which you have an attachment or engage in at any point. It's nothing for you other than something to discuss. I grew up in the borough which spawned the artform, i have been & will always be part of it & it part of me.

you can be as astute or understanding or intelligent as you please, but you will be on the outside looking in.
    In mildness is the strength of steel

abstract, are you a rap or hip hop star? Were you at the Vibe awards that you somehow have your finger on the pulse of understanding?
    I' not trying to be an ass, but just living in the hood doesn't necessarily give you any more understanding then anyone else. As a matter of fact, these sorts of problems are prevelant, as you pointed out, in all facets of society. The issues may be subtly different but there's no mystery there. You grow up in a rough and tumble life (atleast some of them) and you fail to grow out of it, you continue to live that life. That's it, no mystery.
    These guys want to fight because like every human being, and particularly males, who don't bother to stop and think about their actions, they need to establish their superiority and the superiority of whatever group, be it, gang, neighborhood, race, religion, whatever, over the superiority of others.
    It's really not that complicated. As a matter of fact, I was going to use the soccer riot as an example of what it looked like on video, earlier, but didn't. It's actually an apt comparison. You have two groups of people who are aligned with different clubs/gangs/musicians/parts of the country/world and they want to make sure the other guy knows they are better and tougher.

Originally posted by FuXnDajenariht
    in a word?

ignorance....

there all dooshey douchebags like the black metal crowd burning churches way back when...

they get caught up in their own hype and image...

It is part of the culture in a sad way.... hip hop is a part of an urban lifestyle, that includes high crime... it is just fact of the matter that people don't want to be "punked" over anything.. egos get in the way... and boom.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

true....i wanna see hip hop treated like the art form she deserves to be......but as it goes now its never gonna be on the level as jazz or blues or r&b. alot of its bad rep is warranted unlike those genres when they first started back in the day. even if....is there really anything that important that u hafta interrupt ur own award show? this is like the 3rd fight at a hip hop award show. people are gonna get tired of it. their a bunch of moron...bottom line.

My theory is that the industry manipulates stupid thuggish types into stars (and there are LOTS of hiphoppers who don't fit this stereotype) because it's much easier for them to get manipulated out of their earnings. Occassionally you get the Eazy E or Jay Z type who beats them at their own game, but more often it's the other way around.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

What gets me is that all these cats are GANGSTER RAPPERS, not Hip Hop emcees. They've called themselves such. It's like saying Indie and Death Metal are the same...they aren't. These cats discount Hip Hop's name, and deserve to be locked up...

G-g-g-g-Goodbye, G-g-g-g-unit!

First Yayo now Youngbuck...all I have to say is Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    What gets me is that all these cats are GANGSTER RAPPERS, not Hip Hop emcees. They've called themselves such.
    That's a good point, as most people don't know or realize is Hip Hop was the main form of rap from NY, PA, and Jersey in the late 80's before making it's way to the west coast where Electro Hop was big with groups like World Class Wrecking Crew which is where Dre got his start, and the Egyptian Lover "Greg Broussard" .

A few years after is when NWA and Eazy E, Mc Ren, Ice T, Dj Yella, Dre....and such pioneered what was called rapcore , hardcore rap with stuff like F..u.c..k the Police" and "Straight outta Compton" ...this is where the term or label Gangsta Rap came from. Hip Hop music laid the seed for the stuff that's out now.

Hip Hop these days is just a massive front for an even more massive clothing industry anyway. RocaWear, Sean John, etc., etc. I was unfortunate enough to have to go to 50 Cent's last tour (long story) and the whole show was basically a massive promo for his clothing and shoes, interspersed with sampled gun shots.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Renegade -

Gangsta rap's roots go back further than that.

BDP - Criminal Minded
    Just-Ice - Back to the Old School (actually had a song on it called "Gangsta Hiphop" - in 1986!)
    Schooly D - PSK, What Does it Mean?

Let's not fool ourselves. This style has always been part of hiphop, and lots of it has been hella fresh. The real problem is that these days its the only side that gets seen, and it's not so fresh anymore
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 11-17-2004 at 08:26 PM.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.