Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Po Pai Hands

Ernie's po pai shock is very vicious! It will make your face green instantly! Speaking from the voice of experience. =D

Originally posted by Ernie
    meet me some time and i will be more then happy to show you

it's something i'm very good at
    I sure believe you.

However,
    I am an engineer. I love to hear your process of generation to see what it is before I trust you. Sorry for my carreer bias.

Brute force muscular generated shock is a shock.
    Using a heavy body to bang also is a shock
    Since 20kv stunt gun is also deliver Shock

But it that the Keng Geng? I think the 20kv stunt gun is a better keng. LOL
    Last edited by yellowpikachu; 11-05-2004 at 12:20 PM.

Originally posted by PaulH
    Ernie's po pai shock is very vicious! It will make your face green instantly! Speaking from the voice of experience. =D

have you tried a 20KV stunt gun? that produce black face with only 3 dollars of Duracell 4x AA battery cell.

oh light weight too.

http://web.ivenue.com/alldefense2/item3201.ctlg
    Last edited by yellowpikachu; 11-05-2004 at 12:27 PM.

Originally posted by yellowpikachu
    I sure believe you.

However,
    I am an engineer. I love to hear your process before I trust you. Sorry for my carreer bias.
    i understand hendrik , and it was not in the spirit of challenge , but i'm a hands on person , teach/express best by way of feel and experience

ther is many things that have to be lined up depending on the type of [ shock] you want to send

linkage , postion , timing , breathing , mind

all working together at the right moment , and sent in the right place , this is only a skill when it can be applied in motion when some one is resisiting

then the true essence of it's function will show

i don't think to much about it [ thinking creates resisitence and road blocks in the mind and body ]

i just do it
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

ther is many things that have to be lined up depending on the type of [ shock] you want to send

linkage , postion , timing , breathing , mind

all working together at the right moment , and sent in the right place , this is only a skill when it can be applied in motion when some one is resisiting

then the true essence of it's function will show

i don't think to much about it [ thinking creates resisitence and road blocks in the mind and body ]

i just do it

sounds great! Thanks!

have you tried a 20KV stunt gun? that produce black face with only 3 dollars of Duracell 4x AA battery cell.

oh light weight too.

it's really sad hendrik i often feel that since i am in shape and keep fit you think of my power as brute ,

i guess it makes it easier to right off my methods ha ha

but

ask any one that has trained with me i am soft and very relaxed
    when i send out power there is no tension just pure clean release

this is the only way for it to be balanced and short and allow a person to continue to flow

when there is brute it's a different commitment both mental and physical

again you would have to feel to understand

ther are many people bigger and stronger then me at the school and much more outside that i train with

i would not survive if i tried to out force them
    Last edited by Ernie; 11-05-2004 at 12:28 PM.

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

i am soft and very relaxed .

when i send out power there is no tension just pure clean release

Dont need to ask, I believe you.

Where is the power generated from?

Dont need to ask, I believe you.

Where is the power generated from?
    text book wing chun answer = the ground but directed by the mind ha ha ha

but there is much more to building the circuit then just those to elements we need the conductor [ body] and resistance [ target ]

and with in each of these individual elements there are more pieces

which can all be trained in PO PAI

Good answer.

but Po Pai is White Crane Wing Chun related. So. hehehe. check out their 8/12 of an inch short power method invent 1640's.

Hello all,

Po Pai is something that interest me a lot. Why? You hear all sorts of stories from the old timers like Yuen Kay San using that skill to cause his opponent to drop and vomit etc.. Although it was called Wu Dip for YKS it is the same skill.

The thing that I find most interesting is that I have never met anyone who can use this action without it being a nothing more than a glorfied push. I almost believe its one of WCK's lost skills.

Big Ernie!

Be honest with me man! Does Gary's video demonstrate the type of Po Pai that will shock and drop the opponent or send him away?

If its shock I want to see it!

Let me know!
    Jim

Good answer.

but Po Pai is White Crane Wing Chun related. So. hehehe. check out their 8/12 of an inch short power method invent 1640's.

Cool I have an open mind
    But what about the training method to make functional , not just singular power development in a static situation
    And does it fit in with a wing Chun engine and platform as well as combat strategy ?

You see when reviewing a subject or investigating a method or power source , it must fit your chosen platform and combat strategy , many things work stand alone but do not at to the synergy of the whole ,

So if you could share the training methods that would be worth while information to see if it can add to whole or if it needs modification updating to be functional

You see I tend to look at the big picture when I evaluate information , but I do agree to give it a worth while shot you need to empty your prejudice cup and train it , too much back seat evaluations will make you miss many wonderful growth opportunities
    Last edited by Ernie; 11-05-2004 at 01:19 PM.

Originally posted by Mojo
    Old Jong

Thansk, I think. I get your idea. too bad I don't know the meaning of those words
    Good!
    I had the feeling you would understand what I really meant!...There are no This vs That techniques when you understand Wing Chun.You simply use what your position and your training allow's you to use.
    I don't think what you do is different in that aspect.

Originally posted by Jim Roselando
    Hello all,

Po Pai is something that interest me a lot. Why? You hear all sorts of stories from the old timers like Yuen Kay San using that skill to cause his opponent to drop and vomit etc.. Although it was called Wu Dip for YKS it is the same skill.

The thing that I find most interesting is that I have never met anyone who can use this action without it being a nothing more than a glorfied push. I almost believe its one of WCK's lost skills.

Big Ernie!

Be honest with me man! Does Gary's video demonstrate the type of Po Pai that will shock and drop the opponent or send him away?

If its shock I want to see it!

Let me know!
    you know I don't play sifu is god or lineage hero worship

po pai done to damage consist of both powers

it has a 2 action/pulse in on motion energy

many people just get the surface push part

not the get in your gut make you want to lose your lunch part

yes Gary can do it and yes may of us can do it as well

it's in the training method ,

now that being said I have hit people just a little and have had them fold up and get sick
    and I have hit people with intent and they just took it

the worse I have heard I am really just thinking the dude was a big wuss [ my training partner ]

is once when training it I hit him just right he went down was out for about 5 min.

that night he called me all scared said his heart was beating very sporadically

and has never let me live it down

Gary also warns us to not let the [ shock] aspect out on each other to much , not healthy

me I’m built solid and allot of stuff just doesn't fade me

but that make you sick shock stuff Gary does it with just about any part of his body

I can't do that , on that level I’m not mature enough in my skills , I like dropping people to much still =)

a lot of this power sending stuff probably worked real well on non muscular frail small village types back in the day but if your trying to hit a rock solid dude in motion that is conditioned for abuse probably not the wisest choice

just another tool bro

all in the training methods and functional development nothing special

Hello Ern,

Does Gary's video show shock?

Regards,
    Jim

Originally posted by old jong
    I don't think what you do is different in that aspect.
    Quite right.
    Thanks again
    No brag, just fact.