Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Check part 1

Reality Check part 1

http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~ra...Mad_Part_1.wmv

just in case you forgot , what your training for
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~ra...ad__part_2.wmv

they human animal such a beautiful thing

keep practicing your tan sau people

just a little more home work for ya

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

It's truly poetry in motion.
    Victoria, British Columbia, Wing Chun

put yourself in the middle of that chaotic mess and ask yourself what training methods will get you out alive

just wondering how honest people will answer

Probably all those people got out alive and none probably knew anything.

I think Wing Chun can prepare you for those situations and so can any other martial art. Along with those arts come conditioning, fighting experience and proper fighting frame of mind.

In order:

1. fighting mentality
    2. your conditioning, size and speed
    3. your experience
    4. your art's techniques

Ray

Originally posted by YongChun
    Probably all those people got out alive and none probably knew anything.

I think Wing Chun can prepare you for those situations and so can any other martial art. Along with those arts come conditioning, fighting experience and proper fighting frame of mind.

In order:

1. fighting mentality
    3. your experience
    4. your art's techniques

Ray
    so one would have to ask themselves if they are covering those excellent points

also does your approach

have mass attack , weapons , ground , clinch there was alot of clinch going on , stress overload etc

to add to your list awareness , and luck the luck factor is big

does you wing /chisau cover these area's
    how do you gain experience [ simualtion ] in your training
    or are you just hopeing things will magically work for you
    hmmmmmmm

i wonder

to scarey better to talk about side steps and tan saus

http://members.cox.net/kobebryant/ma...c_knockout.asf

now lets add in
    1. fighting mentality
    3. your experience
    4. your art's techniques

what you got hmmm

still got alot of footwork , clinch , ground , hitting with hand foot knee elbow head

**** were is the perfect tan sau everybody argues about
    were the knees in or out
    hmm and what was the history or lineage

was the punch from the red boat or shaolin gee i wonder

not much different then the untrained street fight

did you see the awsome root and sun / pheonix fist

what did you see

fights from around the world different ages people and so on

when the human factor kicks in it all looks alike

punches , kicks , clinch , elbows , knees, head butts , etc.....

just a simple reality check

back to lineage and history talks

http://www.hkstars.net/thaiboxmagazine/Ramon_Dekker.wmv

next time you feel like talking about what if's on thai round kicks

put yourself in this blender

this is what you get when attributes evolve a thai dude with boxing hands and modern training methods

hope chi sau gets you ready for this ha ha

yep lets keep talking about the 50/50 60/40/ 70/30 wieght on our feet and if TWC came from YIP or if WSL was only good because he boxed

man got to love my wing chun folks

ok i'm done

back to the importance of doing forms and cultivating chi

Those are just brawlers with no skill. A real kung fu master would have no trouble stopping any of them.

Originally posted by Knifefighter
    Those are just brawlers with no skill. A real kung fu master would have no trouble stopping any of them.
    Gary Lam, William Cheung and Emin Boztepe must be as close to a Kung Fu master as is possible. So if they cannot stop these guys then who can?

Ray

Originally posted by Ernie
    http://www.hkstars.net/thaiboxmagazine/Ramon_Dekker.wmv

this is what you get when attributes evolve a thai dude with boxing hands and modern training methods

If the goal is to beat Thai boxers or Western boxers then don't waste your time with Wing Chun because Wing Chun has forms and Chi sau and theories. You don't need those for that. If my goal was to beat the Thais then I would do what Dekker did. It worked for him. He didn't study Wing Chun.

Ray

Originally posted by YongChun
    If the goal is to beat Thai boxers or Western boxers then don't waste your time with Wing Chun because Wing Chun has forms and Chi sau and theories. You don't need those for that. If my goal was to beat the Thais then I would do what Dekker did. It worked for him. He didn't study Wing Chun.

Ray
    Not sure if your trying to be sarcastic or not Ray, but I don't agree with your statement. Can a Wing Chun guy beat a Muay Thai guy, yes. Can a Muay Thai guy beat a Wing Chun guy, yes. I don't think we are talking about specific people against one another of different styles. On another forum I'm involved with a thread about how good Muay Thai is as a fighting/self defense system. Most all the people are posting about how awesome MT is and showing clips of great fighters using MT as their system. I went on there and told them that IMO WC is superior for a variety of reasons, and they told that Vanderlai Salva was the best fighter in the world and he uses MT so it must be the best, lol. So I found some clips of him and yes he is impressive, but he's a natural fighter, likes to fight and recieve/dish out punishment. So I told them that IMO if he learned and committed himself to serious WC training he would double his effectivness and most of them laughed at that statement and the others I made too. Not that it matters much to me what anyone thinks.

All systems have effectiveness otherwise they would not be around today, but IMO some are more effective than other and WC is definetly near the top of that list if not at the top.

But I will add that at some point the individual does have something to say about how well they execute the art will determine how effective it is in application. You can have fastest car in the world but if you do not know how to drive it you won't get anywhere fast. Same thing in WC, at a certain point, and that point is when you are in the position of competiting with the top people in the world whether in a sporting event or on the street. It is then that their personal individual attributes will contribute heavily to the outcome of a confrontation or fight.

James

I think Wing Chun can do the job too but people spend so much time admiring the training methods of Thai boxers, mixed martial artists, and BJJ while criticizing the things that most Wing Chun clubs do so I wonder why those people bother with Wing Chun? I can't really see that it will give them any big advantage in ring fighting or MMA competition. That remains to be proven against the professionals. At a lower level, lots of things will work if there is adequate training, conditioning, sparring etc. Street fighting and ring fighting are different but they do have things in common.

are you kidding?most of you guys on here,against a dumb fool,would wipe the deck with him!you DO wing chun!!

Russ

Ernie sez:

what did you see

((Didnt bother to look. Have seen many things in real life and can visualize others))

fights from around the world different ages people and so on

((Sure-been in different places in the world))

when the human factor kicks in it all looks alike

punches , kicks , clinch , elbows , knees, head butts , etc.....

((Looks- but different people bring different developments to their encounters))

just a simple reality check

((You must have talking to some kiddies in mind))

back to lineage and history talks

((not my favorites and several other things similarly so.
    Good tan saos are for development.Wing chun provides a great development path. Other systems have their own development paths.Applications involve adaptations... good fighters adapt.
    What you can do with the adaptations- is upto the individual But if you dont have a devlopment path- growth stops on the long run and there is nothing to pass on but your own not necessarily or exactly duplicable experience,))