Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The MRI results are in. . . .

I wish I could help you there, but all I know about Knoxville, Tennessee is..... well, is that you come from there. That's the sum total of my knowledge. I'm guessing it's close to the Jack Daniels distillery too, right?

The best way to track down a good acupuncturist is to ask within the local Chinese community. It won't be the clinic with all the big signs and fancy decor. You have a good Chinese friend*? Ask them to ask around as if it was for a member of their family and when they get a good recommendation, pass it on to you. Good luck, mate.

* I know you do Shaolin-Do, but you must know someone Chinese, right?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Re: Heal Quickly

Originally posted by BentMonk
    JP - That sux my friend. The offer to walk like me is still open. Chicks think it's sexy. I hope you can still come and watch me get my azz kicked the 18th. Hit me on an email or a pm and we'll catch up. Keep the good thoughts man...my prayers are with you.

P
    Sorry temporary non -walking dude ( nb:- pc terminology ) lol....

Bent Monk.....

SExy??!! can't confirm, ( being bonafide chicky oneself) .....but we could dance a little and ... would ya let me get back to you on it??

Originally posted by Serpent
    I wish I could help you there, but all I know about Knoxville, Tennessee is..... well, is that you come from there. That's the sum total of my knowledge. I'm guessing it's close to the Jack Daniels distillery too, right?

The best way to track down a good acupuncturist is to ask within the local Chinese community. It won't be the clinic with all the big signs and fancy decor. You have a good Chinese friend*? Ask them to ask around as if it was for a member of their family and when they get a good recommendation, pass it on to you. Good luck, mate.

* I know you do Shaolin-Do, but you must know someone Chinese, right?
    Well. . . there's not a Chinese community to speak of in Knoxville. My ex-fiancee was Chinese, but she's not even living in Knoxville anymore. I'll check around for a good recommendation, but does anyone have anything that they check for in a good AP? Is there an official license or do they have educational requirements?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Originally posted by Judge Pen
    Well. . . there's not a Chinese community to speak of in Knoxville. My ex-fiancee was Chinese, but she's not even living in Knoxville anymore. I'll check around for a good recommendation, but does anyone have anything that they check for in a good AP? Is there an official license or do they have educational requirements?
    Some MDs and chiropractors perform acupucture. My insurance covers acupuncture from an MD, but not from a licensed acupuncturist or a chiropractor.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

hi judge, contact me via email. i can help you out.take care.

chad

Thanks Chad! I just sent you an e-mail.

MK, I checked my crappy plan. They will only cover the "alternative" care if it is blessed by an MD AND the insurance company. Ergo, I'm probably out of pocket on this treatment.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Judge Pen

Know the feeling. About 3 years ago I hurt mine. After about a year it seemed to be better. I still continued to wear a wrap due to the unstability. Almost one year ago now I reinjured it and this time got the medical diagnosis, torn ACL and 2 torn meniscus. I continued to train in Wing Chun and Tai Chi. Therapy was no help I continued to have the instability that you mentioned although the strength of the leg was surprising to the PT and MA. Most activities were no problem but I had that instability anytime all the weight was on that leg.

I opted for surgery (big step I don't like to get anywhere near a doctor) one week before Christmas. The therapists were amazed that I could do what I could do and said the strength in the leg was due to martial arts and the only thing keeping me as stable as it was. Their input helped me to choose surgery. It has been a long slow process but it was well worth it. There were days I have wished I had never had it done early on but all in all it is much better now. I am probably at about 85 to 90 % but I have no issues with no instablility and don't worry about stepping off a curb wrong and having it go out.

That's great to hear. I hope I'm 85% to 90% in a year. I, like you, avoid doctors at all costs, but this is a different situation. And I have no doubt that I can still move the way that I do is because of my MA training.

The big thing is don't get discouraged. It seemed for me like I would go weeks or even a month or two without any improvement then all of the sudden it would just improve seemingly overnite. Just remember don't overdo it and follow all orders to the letter and your healing should be rapid.

Yeah, Its going to be an exercise in patience. How long before you were doing Tai Chi? That is the only thing that's keeping me sane right now.

I think it was about 10 weeks but 12 for sure. Don't really remember. I was on crutches with no weight bearing on the leg for 6 weeks. Then it was a single crutch for about a week or two then it was a cane for a few few days then it took me a few weeks to get just walking "normal" again. I was running on the treadmill for sure at 12 weeks. Although I was discouraged from doing Tai Chi by the doc the therapist recommended it so that is the one thing I did (the doc didn't understand Tai Chi), even then I was allowed to teach Wing Chun. I will tell you this 4 days post surgery I was in PT doing passive range of motion. Mine was much worse than expected the tears to the meniscus were found while in surgery.

Remember there are many ways to do Tai Chi.

I tore my lateral meniscus in a leglock. After surgery I was working out again in less than 3 weeks.

PT was brutal and I'm still having pain 9 weeks later, but that's too be expected working out hard 6x a week. your milage may vary.

Pt was the biggest factory in my very quick recovery imho. without it. I'd have been down alot longer.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

JUDGE

I realise that treatment for injury can become expensive, but vs: time off work and lost wage, it's probably much to muchness. It's a hazard of being amongst the elite and that's why we are.

cheers and minimal hardship to you

Thank for the well wishes BL.

Fortunately, I'm on salary and can do much of my job with my leg propped up so I'm hoping to not miss too much time from work.