Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 pushups!!!!

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    and the fluid that evaporates wouldn't bbe from a ballistic sack for all its' simple terminology would it?? nor the drop in pressure be beacuse the sack was pierced and respective pressure released?
    No as the bubble is not "pierced".When a difference of pressure occurs the bubble collapses (producing the crack) into smaller bubbles which gradually disseminate back into the synovial fluid.
    I know there to be two joint types in a body basically ball and socket and hinge,
    Thats a little Know then
    Joints= Synarthrosis (Immovable)Amphiarthrosis (Slightly Moveable)Diarthrosis (Freely Moveable)
    Diarthroses are usually divided into 6 subtypes
    Gliding, Hinge, Pivot, Ellipsoidal, Saddle and Ball and Socket.If you where taught only 2 types then I think thats a representation of the knowledge of your instructors.
    I'm just not sure I see your understanding.
    Yeah
    Well I think I even spelt everything right so sort of proud of that.
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

I'm talking at a basic level of terminology. Forget it. I'm just not doing another pointless discussion for 1 week minimum.

Ps: maybe we were on the same track after all - semantics aside.

we're probably on different tracks.
    We are absolutely on different tracks.ROFL
    maybe we were on the same track after all - semantics aside
    No as I disargree with this conclusion
    if you do this too often your body will begin to produce less and you may end up grinding bone on bone.
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

( sighs)......

where did you say you studied?? One of the very few things I remember from my very first fitness leaders course way way back. No it's not a phd., but it has been supported ny other things along the way, and now , thanks to boys here, and the Chinese Army soldier and orthopedic surgeon I met recently, I am now inspired to take one on the way to my medical degree. ( but after some more native gongfu )

Still, to agree to disaggree is just fine. Better than " hey nancy boy, stfu".... " no you stfu 'cause your typing SUX!!!!!!!!! and so on........... we both have our logic and that's that.

( sighs)......
    Thats funny,thats the same reaction I have after reading one of your posts.
    where did you say you studied??
    I don't think naming my University will help you understand what I have said.(UNSW)
    on the way to my medical degree
    So now your going to do a medical degree, eh?
    Last edited by Ka; 08-17-2004 at 05:53 AM.

Groundskeeper Willy

depends on how you want to define "martial". Taking capoeira I need to work on my upper body strength and endurance. I can lift a lot of weight but holding it up there for long periods and moving it around with just my shoulders, achest and arms gets tiring.

Have you tried extended V-sits? This always seems to help me with my arm endurance.
    As for pushups I dont know if its just a mental thing if you can do 50 and 50 within short rests, I mean, are you completely nackered when u get to 50 each time that you cannot lift any more?
    Visit the Site -
    www.buddha-fist.com

what's an extended V Sit?

When I get to 50 my body won't move anymore. I get to about 43-45 and I can feel the muscles just lose the drive and by the time I get to 50 I'm struggling to get up.

I've never done more than 40. I do some pushups, but never more than 20. I'm always trained up to the max in other exercises and don't have the interest in them to try to build up the reps.

Question

Hey Red! Dude! I got it!

Next time you get to 50, don't stop....

Last edited by fa_jing; 08-17-2004 at 06:54 PM.

Hey Ka: what's bursa and bursitis?

FJ - good point, BL may have been refering to Bursae(although haven't heard of them being called ballistic sacks either)
    Bursae: fluid filled sacs that cushion the movement of one part of the body over another.Located in many places where skin rubs over bone, tendon over bone, ligament over bone,msucles and bone and in articular capsules.
    It has no relation to the cracking of joints.
    Bursitis= inflamation of Bursae.Caused by trauma(smacking the area up) or chronic infection(catching something nasty).Most common form is Bunions, associatied with a fiction bursitis.
    That will be $25 Thanks .

Groundskeeper Willy

really. Ballistic sacks are exactly what I meant and I was always gearing toward medicine and and any other aspect of health and fitness before even registering on the forum. Learn how it works and fix it for others
    ...but first more ma and bio-mechanic jazz....

so, for all those of you , who for all of your "oooh , I'm sooo soo strong I can lift 150 x my own body weight " folks , no disrespect, but academically, why do you think you can't carry your own body weight for more than the set you acheive?? Any thoughts??

really. Ballistic sacks are exactly what I meant
    Then you might find when you do that medical degree that they call it something different.

Groundskeeper Willy

and I might not.

just as well I'm more concerned with having the correct information than being correct personally ha.

Heh, heh, heh. The problem, however, is that you are personally incorrect BECAUSE you have incorrect information.

I showed your posts to some friends of mine (one of whom is an emergency medical technician, the other of whom has almost completed medical school) neither one of them had ever heard the term "ballistic sacks". But, hey, I guess THEY must be wrong.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust