Thread: Back Pain

Angry Back Pain

So i was doing some squats this morning, say-- 60, not many. After i was done, i felt a little bit of back pain then i decided to squat again just to see if my posture was wrong, after that it begin to hurt worser. often when i use certain movements involving my back thats when it hurts. I'm 17 but anybody at any age can hurt their back, but thats not the point.

I just want to know what could i have done wrong? any kind of help would be appreciated.

weighted squats?… stretch… ice… hot bath… let it get better… don't push it too much… SLOWLY build up the strength in your back….
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Like Suntzu says, take it easy. Most important is form. Keep the arch in your back and build up the strength. Worst thing you can do is round your back and try to lift too much. That's a surefire recipe for back pain.

Hey again,

Thanks for the replys. But one thing i wanted to mention was that the typical squats i was doing were close-in, butt touches the heels/not including weights. At the time i met with the heels i feel this uncomfort in my back, its probably a curve. I think i may need to build the strength and flexibility back again because with my sihing i don't have these kind of problems.

Where's Ironfist? He squats like this. IRON! IIIIRON!

Huh? I got the impression he was doing Hindu Squats.

You were doing weightless squats for reptitions, right? Are you coming up on your toes at the bottom of the movement?

Welcome to the forum, btw.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Oh, sorry, you're probably right. I somehow missed the weightless part. I just saw narrow stance and butt touches heels.

I don't do squats THAT narrowly, do I? I'm like maybe shoulder width or a little wider than shoulder width. But I certianly don't do these wide stance squats that some PL's do.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.