Thread: City of God

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere

Thumbs up City of God

(Not an MA movie, not a christian movie either)

City of God (Cidade de Deus) its a very cool brazilian movie about old schools rio gangstas. Im posting this cos i heard somewhere that it would start showing in usa around now and you people might wanna check out.
    I know some of you might not be used to non holliwood and subtitleted movies, but still

http://www.cidadededeus.com.br/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/City...96/reviews.php
    Last edited by Xebsball; 01-17-2003 at 07:53 PM.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Saw this movie last week. Definitely worth seeing.

imortalize xebby heritage post
    testified by volcanos breath
    Volcano has removed himself from this realm
    Account is hijacked, email is fake, password is unrememberable
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

Great movie. A brazilian Goodfellas!

It's not a brazilian Goodfellas. It's really really great though.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I looked for it at the videostore tonight. They have a bootleg, but the legit version comes out in a couple months, so I'm going to wait.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    four oscar nomination
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

good stuff
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I've heard a lot about "City of God" lately. I've heard nothing but good about it. I'm definitly gonna check it out. Any ultra-violence?
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

not really, it's very realistic though. Very brutal since it's about kids

**** I almost saw it but now its out of the movies....

I don't know if I can handle little kids killing each other though.
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."
    -Dave Chappelle on Tyrone Biggums

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator

It's not all brutal, it has it's fun parts too. you'll be glad you watched it. if u can't find it, try downloading it like I did