Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fellowship at the tournament

mun hung Guest

Abstract and Sihing 73

It was a pleasure meeting you guys. It was fun. I look forward to sitting down for some lunch in the near future. Anyone in the NYC area who was'nt able to make the tourney is welcome to join us the next time around.

Abstract - your a cool dude to hang out with. Looking forward to training and hanging with you in New York. I'll be e-mailing you some pictures soon! You know which ones! ;)

Dave - I'm glad I peaked your interest in our efficient approach. However, that was just the tip of the iceberg. Looking forward to lunch. Your treat??? :D

Sihing73 Guest

Why do I always have to pay

Hello Guys,

Abstract it was a pleasure meeting you. As I said if you ever want to check out the class in Westport let me know and I will do mybest to be there.

Mun Hung I did have my interest peaked and would be up for a lunch meeting. But why do I have to pay????? :confused:

I mean, I am already broke as I have to keep paying people to be my friends :eek: Oh Oh I am beginning to see a pattern here, LOL!!

Seriously, lunch sounds good. Maybe we oculd do it near the middle of November as I am travelling the rest of this month.

Peace,

Dave

Abstract Guest

munhung & S73

wutsup guys, I had a good time at the tourney. It was a real pleasure meeting both of you, look forward to doing it again soon! :D

munhung, thanx mayne! your a cool cat yaself. i'll be lookin' forward to training & chillin with you as well...and the pics! :p

-------------------------
    In mildness is the strength of steel

dzu Guest
    Sounds like you guys had a great time. Did you touch hands, demonstrate forms for each other, etc.? Just curious from someone that would have liked to have been there but couldn't make it.

Dzu

DF Guest
    Just want to say thank you for coming and we are glad that you all had a great time. Maybe we see you next year.

thks

DF

WongFeHung Guest
    We had a great time. Glad I met you guys, sorry I couldn't hang out with you more, but I was running around like a nut from ring to ring watching, rooting for and coaching my guys. Dixon Si-Hing, the tourney was excellent, and I must mention, Sifu Ralph Mitchell ran the best ring I'd ever seen. He was strict, fair, and had the competitors' safety as priority one.(a rare quality, indeed) Also Sifu Bell was very good. Try to get them for next year!I had an opportunity to judge in a few divisions,next time I hope to be of more help-just don't put me in Tiger/Crane division, ok?

Sihing73 Guest

Kind of said hello then goodbye

Hi Dzu,

I got to the tourney at about 10:15 or so. Unfortunately we did not meet up until just aobut 1:00 or thereabouts. It's funny, I kept going out by the table, of course I did nor know what anyone looked liked :D , and kept trying to figure out who was who. I ran into a few guys I knew from years ago in Philly. I think the guy at the door thought I was crazy or looking for a date, LOL there were quite a few attractive ladies there ;) just don't tell the wife.

Anyhow, they announced the Chi Sau and I was on the other side of the room so I moved over room to get a better view. I found Mun Hung because I noticed his shirt and asked him about it. He kind of gave me a look then asked if I was Dave :) thus we met. He then introduced me to Abstract and Tentigers. I in turn introduced them to my Sihing Wilfred Lopez and some of his students. We sat there and watched the Chi Sau. All I will say is it was interesting. Only really two groups represented, William Cheung and VA Thomas.

Well, to make things even longer, :rolleyes: I ended up bringing my son as my daughter was sick. We decided to go get something to eat and then to drive home. My wife was home with the kids and several of them were getting over the flu so I figured I would head back. Mun Hung was kind enough to give me a very brief explanation of the ocncept of covering in his lineage, which I found interseting and pretty efficient. He invited me to visit his school and I think I will be doing so in the near future. We only had about five minutes or so to do anything prior to my leaving so we really did not get a chance to check out each others methods. I am not sure how long he and Abstract stayed so they may have been able to do more. Still it was nice to meet some people from the forum and put a face to the names. Hopefully more of us will be able to do so in the future.

Next time I am sure we will have more time. The distance, my kids being sick and my having thrown out my back last week all contributed to lack of time we had. Also, if we had been able to hook up sooner I am sure we could have done more. Still, it was a nice day. The drive back and a Nathans HotDog made the trip even more satisfying. We don't have Nathans in Philly and they make the best hotdogs, LOL.

Peace,

Dave