Thread: Mantis Schools in the Ft Lauderdale / Miami Area

Mantis Schools in the Ft Lauderdale / Miami Area

Just wondered if anyone can recommend a Mantis School inthe Ft Lauderdale / Miami area. I am a student of MantisifuFW Steve Cottrell and have a friend in Florida who is looking for a similar style school. Thanks Dewey
    By self alone is evil done, by self alone does one suffer.
    Salvation and Perdition depend upon self; no man can save another.

Dewey

I believe Shelly Huang teaches Wah Lum Praying Mantis at Tropical Park in Miami. I think some of her students are on this board. Sorry I can't be of further assistance.

Peace.

Cool good luck

Hi.
    I live a little north in Palm Beach, I herd of a mantis demo at a tournament in Pembroke pines, (I will try this week to get the information), but haven't herd of any one teaching. I know of one of Shuns 8 step schools in Palm Beach Lakes. That is about an hour from Ft Lauderdale. The only other option is to travel to Tampa or Orlando, occasionally. If you do, let me know I would love to know who is teaching

Pong Lai Wu Ji Praying Mantis is in Tampa 813-872-6113

http://www.8step.com/schools/index.html
    If the sky is blue and every one calls it something else it is still blue

Mantis Texan

Shrfu Cottrell should know someone in this area, ask him. Shrfu Shelly Huang is a fabulous lady and a good martial artist. I respect her for being able to hang with the male ego of Wah Lum. You will learn hand forms and weapons, that`s it. And these are nothing like you have learned (7*). Wah Lum does seem to have flavors of Mantis, but predominately Southern Hung Gar and various HK influence. If it were me, I`d go with the CLF system, if no Mantis. I`ve had the honor of training with LKH, this is a good lineage. Check the yellow pages.

Mantis in Miami

Hello,

I am the Senior instructor for Shelly. We have classes
    Mon-Wed-Sat from 630-800pm.

you can email me at miawahlum@aol.com for more info.

They have Choy la fut in Sunrise in Lauderdale. We are the only Mantis guys around that I am aware of....

Thanks everyone for the info. I'll pass it along to my friend so he can check out the schools.
    By self alone is evil done, by self alone does one suffer.
    Salvation and Perdition depend upon self; no man can save another.

Dewey

Y don't you ask sifu, he is your best source of info since he knows what style he is teaching and all.