Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin-Do answers challenge.

CaptinPickAxe ******what I've seen from the SD school I attended is that there is a lot of ego involved with the art. You have cats seeing who can do push ups faster or who is holding lower stances. I'm going to attend a demonstration soon, I want to see their attitude towards me now that I'm not an SDer.

I find it strange that you would consider it a "ego" problem when some one is trying to make their arms stronger with push-ups and their legs and stances more solid by doing the stances correctly.

Serpent**** Sure, it's possible. But I'm also basing it on the comments of people in places like this here forum! All I have to go on is what's on the net and what people within the organisation say. You'd think that if there were people out there with the real deal then they would step up and represent... wouldn't you?

Most people out there with the real deal could care less what is said on some silly little message board. I myself get a big kick out of all of you and your worries over the "impurity" of SD. If you and the other could refrain from the bashing that each thread leads to, you would probably get to know and like the SD guys that post here. But that will never happen so I guess that you all will continue to entertain me through out my boring work day.....

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Sorry to have been gone for so long, but the Army does that to me.

You guys have written lots of words in this thread.

I have recently come to the conclusion that no martial art is a true martial art until Neo has it downloaded into his virtual self in a multi million dollar movie.
    Badges?
    We don't need no stinking badges!

Live, You Worthless Beast, Live!

!
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Re: Live, You Worthless Beast, Live!

Originally posted by Vash
    !
    Die! Die! Die!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

[quote]Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    Die! Die! Die!

It Shall Ne'er Die!

history

I spent 9 years in the sd, before finding out the truth everybody can say what they want but I personnally know several of sin the's first students that told me an interesting story. When he was at U of Ky he had a roommate who sin told about the history of his style and it went like this. Dog face was abandoned by his family because he was covered in hair which in china is to be considered a sin and that person is considered to have a demon in them.But being monks they could not let anything die so they took him in. He had to sweep the grounds for his keep but could not pertake of the training but could watch certain things but not the higher levels. (So he offically did not train in the temples). He left the temples later and started teaching what he seen but it was incomplete so he added what he needed to. His teachings was in Bandong island, Indonisia. He was the first from his style making him the first grandmaster. Then came the other grandmaster and he died so his students held a compotition to see who would take over the grandmastership well sin lost in the first round along with several others the winner was a 9th degree black who til this day from my understanding is still in Indonisia. So sin's roommate talked sin into teaching. Oh yeh sin was only a 2nd black. Sin and his students wentto a tournament in Louisville where sin fought a 5th degree black in another style which sin beat him easilly. On the way home they said sin said "did you see how easy I beat that 5th, if I beat him that easy then shouldn't I be ranked higher than him" they said the very next class sin came in with a 10th degree on and made them 5th degrees. After losing students over and over he called a blackbelt meeting and said we can't make money this way we got this weekend to come up with new things. They said they went and watched TKD, Okinawan style, kenpo and decided to come up with short forms and sparring techniques they took what they had broke it down and added Okinawan techniques to it. This would explain why the history only goes back 3 grandmasters and dog face is in a pin striped suit which didn't come out until the late 1700's in europe not china. Because in the 1600- 1800's The styles taught in the temples where Wing chun and Hun style so that they could produce fighters faster than the old teachings did. So if sd is real shaolin then why don't they have any Wing Chun or even Hung Gar in it. Just thought I would share what I found out over 14 years ago.

Question

Holey Fuggin Crap.

I see Frank ... I notice that you have no personal agenda here.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

WILL THIS THING NEVER DIE?!?!?!?!?!

I SURRENDER! MAY SWEET DEATH TAKE THIS MONSTER WHICH I ONCE THOUGHT TO RESURRECT!

PRITHY, PEACE!

ya know, I was wondering why I just had a vision of Pai mei standing over a cesspool and saying "rise from your grave!" in a horribly tinny voice.

actually, I'm still wondering. I think it's that symbolism stuff my art teacher used to talk about.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

There's no tellin'.

I find it strange that you would consider it a "ego" problem when some one is trying to make their arms stronger with push-ups and their legs and stances more solid by doing the stances correctly.
    Not to beat a dead horse or anything.....but are you ****in' stupid? Thats the type of sh!t I expect from highschool gym class not a kwoon. Besides, do push-ups slower and your arms will develope ten times better than when your rushing through it. I find it hard to belive that someone who has progressed in martial arts (let alone fitness) would not know this...write that down.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Frank,

I grew up close to Whitesburg, studied under Vernard Whitaker, and also trained with one of John's former students. I respect the material that John teaches and I wish you would learn a little respect too. Even if you think what you are saying is true, the fact that you teach a style that occupies the same geographic territory as SD makes anything you say suspect to an agenda. At least some of the others here that openly criticize SD are doing so more objectively. I can respect that more.

I mean no ill will toward you. Please PM me as I would rather discuss any matters with you privately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I find both stories equally bizzare