Thread: stretching

stretching

hi
    i need help with my stretching. I can go into the splits (front) easie but it is a different mater when it come to the side splits. I stretch and it is the joints that are herting not the muscles. Please can some one help .

thanks
    its not the destination that is important it is the journey getting there

you can take the pressure off your knee joints and ankles by doing the "frog" stretch. sit down on your shins so your knees are forward and your butt is on your heels/ankles. now, splay your knees out to the side, opening your hips up a-plenty. take your knees as far out as comfortable. now, put your hands on the floor in front of you and slowly roll over and touch your stomach to the ground. find your tight spots and hold yourself there for a few seconds or more, slowly rocking back and forth and getting those tight groin muscles loose.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

thanks for the advice but it isnt the knees or ankles it is the hips. My muscles are strectch and dont hert but the hip joints kill!!!!!

thanks for the advice

I'm in the same boat. The tendons at the backs of my knees and those in my hips are much less flexible than the surrounding muscles, and they always hold me back as far as improving my flexibility. (I used to run long distances regularly, which probably explains most of my problem.)

Are there different techniques to work them specifically, or does one use all the same stretches?

rubthebuddha: Good stretch, but I still feel it in my hips rather than my muscles.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

hello

dont all answer at the same time