Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which martial art would you recommend...

Here is highlights from a NHB fighter. Go to the video and tell us how his style of fighting (The common one for fighting in MMA tournaments) would not work in the street.

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/vander...ilvavideo.shtm

fighting???

My friend... if you are in that much pain, and you cant fall or roll any more, Which is just part of fighting (despite what the movies show) then there is only one of three answers...

1) Dont fight
    2) Get a gaurd dog
    3) Get a gun

... or all three.

This is the reality board if i'm not mistaken.

Originally posted by TzuChan
    But I KNOW for a FACT, that IF you fall down in a streetfight, and started grappling, YOU LOSE !
    How well can you strike strike someone when you are lying on the floor?

if you get attacked on the street, and they will always be with more then one. You have to find a quick way out,
    Yea - thats the aim of grappling.

all of you are pathetic and arrogant, you really think what any of you say is gonna change anyones mind, the human reaction is just that way, stupid and pretty much ****ed up. ****ing negros

Negros?

And it takes a big man to hurl a racial epithet as well
    Bladerunner?
    Get off your sister, step out of your trailer and take a few deep breaths.

Originally posted by TzuChan
    But I KNOW for a FACT, that IF you fall down in a streetfight, and started grappling, YOU LOSE !

Maybe, Maybe not what if your multiple attackers get you on the ground somehow? You would like to have trained there a little bit I am guessing?

I was taken down by multiple attackers and did fine til I stood back up and one of them hit me with a car.( I was standing when hit)

LOL @ BAI HE
    You can buy muscles(steroids), But you can't buy cajones. Bas Rutten

Holy Cow...I think I asked a question from Massachusetts at the beginning of this thread and somehow I'm way out here in East Jerusalem...you guys chase rabbits much?

I'm looking for something I can to do protect myself somewhat in lieu of my disability without having to commit murder. I've been attacked before. I don't like guns...I do, however, have an English Longbow. I suppose I should just purchase some broadhead flights instead of all those blunts and forget the martial arts. :/

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    A walking stick that becomes a three-sectional staff might be nice. But a mere durable walking stick could help keep you from falling and be used to stave-off (a) would-be attacker(s).

Attack the attack. hurt their limbs while avoiding. Strike for the throat in the center above where it meets the joining of the collar bones.~
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

question

I wonder if any of you guys ever heard of budokai-do and what's your opinion on it?

Sounds like it needs it's own thread.

Cat, I have crossed trained in a few arts, basics throughout pretty much.
    To answer the original question.
    Brazilian JuiJitsu, or sambo, for grappling, WingChun for Striking.
    Big flying kicks and such are pretty much useless.
    I have been kicked by flying kicks, and spinning kicks. The most dependable is the military straight thrust to the midsection, same way you kick a door down.
    Or boxxing, really anything that will make your reactions faster and give a few dirty tricks to select from.