Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All you happy Buddhists

Hmmm... probably not something quite like that. Although if the last four years are any indication, who knows where my interests will be in a few more.

I've got strong interests in that general field... it seems intensely obscure at times, but it may just be gaining momentum, following the interest shown by groups like this.

Don't wanna talk about it outside email too much though.
    Last edited by Christopher M; 05-22-2003 at 02:56 PM.

Zim,

Here are a couple of books...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Check these out, and you can do a litsearch of the authors on Psychlit or something for other materials. Steve Hayes is at the University of Nevada, Reno. I don't know about the others. I actually interviewed with Hayes this year and discovered he's not really interested in mindfulness anymore. I can explain the rationale more clearly if you'd like to e-mail me (tichy.1@osu.edu). But, anyway, others are picking up the torch and there's a small but noticeable movement in clinical right now to study mindfulness approaches. I think it goes hand in hand with clinical people finally giving some credence to some of the stuff the positive psychology people have been espousing for a long time.

Anyway, I'd be happy to go into greater length if you e-mail me.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Thumbs up

dwid-
    interesting approach! I'm going to spend a little more time with the sample pages, then get back to you.

Usually, most of my time is spent breaking the impasses presented... it's like a bulldozer versus erosion.

CM-
    Good link. I gave some thought to the idea... I came up with other frameworks, but then I don't have the same kind of background or interest.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب