Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: OMG im going to China to compete!!!

Jon
    thanks for info.....sounds interesting...just on the note of illegal moves, well you know my Brother(our mutual freind) so you know the style is very aggressive, things like the uppercut(that you warned someone about in another thread) can do a lot of dammage...in general do u think we would have to alter a lot or just drop certain moves. thanx again

San Sou

Last edited by Bow Dul Fu; 04-07-2003 at 08:47 PM.

But san shou is already world wide. I do san shou in the Uk and I am going to go and try to qualify for the British san shou team in 2 weeks. That means I get to go to europe and fight germans french east europeans ect.

like I said san shou is every where but its not huge anywhere but china yet. What china need to do to get it into the olympics is to show that (i think its) 85 differant countries can compete in the event and that china will not dominate it.

I personaly think that san shou will not get into the olympics but if you are young and wanna go to the olympics in 2008 your in a perfect position to start training for it now (if it dose happen).

lol my thread made a reapperence.

andoi
    * You guys im SURE could addapt to ring combat but i would say you may have to make a few sacrifices depending a little on the rules. As Stumblefist pointed out San Shao is HEAVILY baised towards throwing and spinning kicks. Hence whilst you may be able to knock the average person out cold with those swinging punches im not sure that they would do so well under a point scorring envioment. Still im SURE you guys could do well given half a chance.

"in general do u think we would have to alter a lot or just drop certain moves. thanx again"
    * I think you would proberly find yourself doing a combination of the two. Honing some movements to make them legal and removing others compleatly. I think one of the main things though would just be to get hold of the ruleset and stuff. Im going to try and get a few printed up, ill try and get one over to you guys if your interested? At least then you can see exactly for yourself what will and wont be allowed.
    To my memory White crane has some high level kicking ablity as well which im SURE could work in there favor in a ring situation.
    Anyway let me know if you want a rule set and ill do what i can, already need to get one for FT.

Stumblefist
    Im well aware of the bias San Shao has towards throws, we are an internal school so luckly the Bagua provides MANY nice throws and the Tai Chi has centre control. Its actualy a VERY solid combination for San Shao.

"Is the "full contact" you mentioned something different than Sanda?"
    * I like to think of myself as a martial artist first, anything competive comes second. As such i spar full contact under just about any rules from ring right down to simple gentlemans agreements. I try not to fixate myself to much on anyone aspect as i dont want to lose why i study in the first place - the art.

BTW the reason for the bias towards throws is to do with the scoring. A non contested hand strike will earn you a single point, a takedown or throw nets you three. Hence obviously its MUCH better in terms of competion to contantly be on the lookout for a throw.

Bow Dul Fu
    * There is no SET agelimit that im aware of yet, still im sure that indiviual competions would have there own limits.
    Honestly man if your under 18 and your keen then start training. San Shao is basicaly just chinese kickboxing, a good avenue to test aspects of your combat ability and have some fun.
    It has its own rules and regs but there not TOO stringent really, its a pretty darn good form of ring competion.
    Its also certainly true that China are on the push for San Shao 2008, though we proberly wont know till after November.

Liokault
    Glad to hear there are some others who are training in this format. I actualy have to say im doubtfull that San Shao will make it fully for 2008, one big problem is female competitors. Still wushu and Tai Chi are looking very solid and as such its highly likely that San Shao will at least be on display over there.
    Anyway im crossing my fingers, i mean heck they let TKD into the olympics for crying out loud
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

San Sou

Last edited by Bow Dul Fu; 04-07-2003 at 08:48 PM.

6. Thumbs up

Gongrats.!
    Do your best,and please donīt hurt them
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

You gotta be physically and mentally prepared. What is your workout routine?? Learn some good throws and drops and dont let them get there arms on you. Good luck

hey congrats,

is this the wu-shu competition held in August this year? coz if it is i'll see you there, as a team from Perth is heading over.....