Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Good fighters... well fight.

HuangKaiVun. No i do not challenge people who live far away. Every post that i make a challenge i explicityly say that i am looking for poeple in Maryland and i explicityly say that i cannot travel very far.

Only two people who live in maryland have answered the challenge. And only 1 has shown up. I don't remember one post where i challenged people out of maryland. You said that your coming to maryland some day so that would make it possible for me to fight you.

The shchools around me? There is no kung fu schools in Frederick. I still have yet to find a kung fu school. And i don't know where JF springers school is. I went to cooper park near baltimore to meet him and he never showed. And he has never told me where his school is.

Ralek's posts are useless.

All macho BS, no action.

Never mind that he could fight guys who aren't so far away in the East Coast.

zzz.

Originally posted by SevenStar
    don't forget sam wiley. yeah, yeah, he's in GA. if you know you can't travel, then don't accept. the MD guys even started a thread that listed all of the traditional schools near you - If you really wanted to challenge someone, you coulda gone to any of them.
    lol don't forget no_know
    Last edited by NorthernMantis; 09-29-2002 at 11:21 AM.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

hi Jon
    although i think i understand where u are coming from or what kind of ppl you are talking about, and i agree to some extent, i felt i had to post a reply to remind ppl that CMA does not have to be all about fighting, i have used my training(i have a long way to go) in a real situation, i survived with out a physical scratch but what happened in my mind was terrifying...there is no joy in winning a fight. i think a lot of ppl who are itching for a fight do not realize that there are other problems than just losing, i want to ask u now why you are so into MA? please realize that this is not an attack(ask friday if u want as i have spoken with him on this same subject) i am just interested to hear your point of veiw.
    I am running out of time(cos i must go to training) but i find CMA is inherently tied with Buddhist concepts and i personally( everyone is different) use it now as a way to calm my mind and advance myself phsyically and spiritually( i have a long long way to go, but i have a long long time aswell), Friday has often spoken of sparring but for myself i cannot see the point yet, in the future i may, once i have more control, just to test my calmness of mind in a tense situation, if i am really good i will be able to take blows and not return them( some ppl wont understand this but i think a few of u may) anyway i gotta run
    thanks for your time
    the more u know the more u know how much u dont know

Hi everybody thanks heaps for posting your thoughts. Many interesting differing views, although i can see many see where im comming from.

Still andoi has raised a very good point and one which i wish to clear up. My rant is really aimed at the MANY people who train in cma yet seem to think there combat skills are developed magicaly though hand movements instead of actual hard work.
    Still your point is certainly not lost on me and i know that many in cma train for many other reasons beside simply combat. If that was my intire forcuss, my training would be VERY different.
    I first and foremost I study an artform and try to further that, however becouse my artform is drawn from combat i dont like seeing its original intent deviated from to much.

Not everyone needs to be a killer or be able to break concrete with a slap but then again people shouldnt delude themselfs either. If people want to study with a focuss other than pure combat then im all for it. I just hope they dont kid themselfs along the way.

Its all a tricky balancing act in the end.

Fighting without an aim is simply pointless brutality which only leads to injurys.
    Forms without fighting is a broken method as the actual combat side is only imagined.
    What is required is a constant play between the two so as the skills always are advancing but the testing ground is where they truely refined.

To properly answer your question about why i study would take me way longer than i have time for right now. Also strange as this may sound its a little bit private to me and although i would be happy to discuss via pm im a little bit shaky about doing so on the board. Its nothing special but i dont like getting to far into personal issues on public boards. If your intersted please just send me a pm ill be happy to discuss with you. Lets just start by saying sometimes the road up the mountain seems quicker than the way back down.

"if i am really good i will be able to take blows and not return them"
    * heh heh
    When you get REALLY good you will be able to take blows AND return them, without even meaning to or trying

Thank you for your post andoi, i always appreciate it when someone takes time.
    All the best and happy training
    Jon
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun