Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATTN. AUSTIN TX Independants, And Enthusiasts

I can't make it next week or a few weeks thereafter. ill be out of town before the fall semester starts up again. Rooster, my boyfriend, will be gone too. Maybe when we get back towards sept we could meet up with you guys. Till then, keep us updated.

Hey all,

Sounds like fun. I just saw this thread, but I couldn't have made it yesterday anyways.

There's a chance I might be able to make this coming meeting though... Same time, same day, same place?

Hey Austin,

Long time... Hope you've been well.

-John

Mostly pretty good, John, though I wish I could get to TCP more often, and I have a really unpleasant job. Are you still going to class pretty regularly?

I'll go again next week, but I get the idea it'd be a good idea for me to invest in some pads and stuff - I'm a lot less experienced than most around here, it seems.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Okay lets shoot for,,,,,

THIS SATURDAY the 10th same time same place. 6:30 pm at Walnut creek park. on the i-35 directions i need to revise it as i was dyslexic at the time of writing them.
    from I-35 coming north you exit parmer and turn left at Parmer. (those coming south turn right)the next LEFT at the light is Nlamar (turn)then you go for about a 1/4 mile ,you will pass a buddhist temple on the right and just past it on the right is the entrance to the park.

Many respects ,,The willow Sword
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

What kind of sparring/practice is everyone doing (or planning on doing)? Full contact? Half speed? Pads/Gloves? Chi Saw? Throwing? Chin Na?

all of the above FutureMan

Sparring will be up to the individuals that engage with one another. i will have to INSIST on sparring gear.
    it is really up to whomever what the contact will be. i like to do free form sparring. it makes for interesting bouts.
    anyone else want to contribute to this???

Many Respects,,The Willow Sword
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.