Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATTN. AUSTIN TX Independants, And Enthusiasts

Post ATTN. AUSTIN TX Independants, And Enthusiasts

I am wanting to get back into the training and sparring with like minded individuals who wish to develop thier skills outside of thier respective schools,, just guys getting together and sparring and learning from one another. i would like to hook up with some of you if that is possible. let me know whats going on.
    my email address is whirlwindshield@earthlink.net

Many Respects,,,The Willow Sword
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

what part of town are you in? I'm near UT, and don't have a car.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I'm in San Antonio. With enough prior notice I could probably make it.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

just guys?

is this just a guy thing, or am I "allowed" to come

I live in Killeen, about 45 mintues from Austin.

If there's sparring, gimme a time and a place and I'll be there

Well if I can...

...get up there I will sparr with you guys/gals(c'mon let kf cutie come ya'll) I live in Humble, outside Houston, but I might be going up there to see my bro so its possible.

Later guys and gals

my boyfriend and i live here, and would be up to getting together to spar/learn whatever..... keep us all updated

Thumbs up thanks for the replies

i am currently in Cedar Park but can get anywhere in AUstin.
    this weekend would be cool to get things started. my girley friend is going out of town and so i have some time to myself.
    lets coordinate. if you email me i will give you my phone number and we can set the details down.
    i know that some guys get together ie:GREYMYSTIC and JWT and some others here in AUSTIN. i dont know if they still do though. But anyway lets do it. and YES females are welcome to join.
    MAny Respects,,The Willow Sword,,(JAson Bratcher)
    whirlwindshield@earthlink.net
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

austin@swinburn.net

My current work schedule is m11:30-8, t.w.th 8-4:30, sat 8-4:30.

I go to tai chi people 6-8 t.w.th.f

Therefore, for me, daytime fridays and sundays are most convenient, although saturday early evening would be ok too.

You think it would be kosher to do this in a public park, as long as it didn't look too much like a real fight? I don't really know of any gym or what have you that would suit our purposes. Also, I don't currently own any pads or gloves, so I might oughta wait for a while to get some before I schedule anything.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

i was thinking a saturday

well i know of a park that is a cool one to do workouts and spar.
    Walnut Creek park has an open field to do some good sparring and workouts. the later afternoon early evening times might be best as it is summer and the midle of the day would be torturous.

my schedule at dell is pretty tight but saturdays i have off and sunday after 6 pm.
    Many Respects,,The Willow Sword

Talking OKAY LETS GET THE BALL ROLLING

How about this saturday around 6:30 at Walnut Creek park.

Coming from the south: take 1-35 or mopac and go north for I-35 travellers take the Parmer ln exit. turn LEFT ontp parmer lane and you will go past a Very nice looking buddhist temple and just past that is a sign(on the right) for the Walnut creek metropolitan park. its the big open field.

Mopac travellers: take mopac to Parmer exit. turn right, follow until you reach Nlamar and turn right. (follow above directions thereafter).

183 travellers. best way from there is 183 to mopac north to parmer and then so on.

So let me know if any of you in the area can attend and we can train and spar around and just meet. as far as sparring is concerned,,bring your own gear. we gotta wear some type of padding. and i think it would be safe to say that we are responsable for our own actions and we will spar at the level at which we all feel comfortable. as far as what I LOOK LIKE: ill be in the open field wearing a pair of black kung fu pants and a T-shirt, short blond hair and tall. Hope to see some folks there.

Lets make this a ongoing thing.
    MAny Respects, The Willow Sword.

PARMER??!!?

I mentioned I'm near UT and don't have a car, right?
    Crippled Avenger

well...

i COULD give you a lift but im not sure who else is going.

MAny Respects,,The Willow Sword

I'll commit right now to Saturday. I've emailed Jason about my circumstances that afternoon, and am eager to meet a few more folks ready to rumble (at levels ranging from gentle to no-broken-bones-or-noses-please)

Let's get it together, everyone!

-Austin, the tall guy with specs and a goatee (ie: almost any male under 40 in the city)
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 07-31-2002 at 06:32 PM.
    Crippled Avenger

Thumbs up good good

okay folks lets reply, ill find a way to get intouch with the others that replied to this.

Many Respects,,The willow sword

so anyone goin this saterday...me and my girlfriend halfling might go up there...see yall later maybe